How To Activate Pluto TV
Those keen on cutting the cord and leaving cable and satellite TV behind have many options at their disposal. The trouble is that a quality online TV or streaming service can cost quite a lot.
Pluto TV is completely free and has a stellar range of channels on its roster. It also offers thousands of hours of TV shows and movies. If you’d like to switch to Pluto TV, here’s how to activate your device. Tips on closed captions and casting are also included.
Pluto TV is available on a wide range of platforms and Viacom is constantly adding new platforms to the roster. The current lineup looks like this:
- iPad and iPhone. Get the app here.
- Android phones and tablets, as well as Android TV. You can download the official app from Google Play.
- 4th generation Apple TV devices. You can find the app on iTunes.
- Various Amazon Kindle and Fire tablets, as well as Fire TV and Fire TV Stick. You can download the official app here.
- Various Vizio, Samsung, and Sony smart TVs. More brands are coming soon.
- Windows PC and Mac computers. Download the app for your OS here.
- PlayStation 4 and Xbox consoles.
- You can cast via web browser on your computer and mobile device.
- You can also watch Pluto TV online. Go to https://corporate.pluto.tv/where-to-watch/ and click the “Watch Now” button in the “Watch on the Web” section.
If you’re outside the US, you can enjoy Pluto TV on your Mac and PC computers, as well as iOS and Android smartphones and tablets. But be aware that, because of streaming rights, your list of channels may be significantly different. Download the computer app from the “International Desktop App” section here. Android users can find the app here; iOS users go here.
The actual activation process is largely similar for all supported devices and platforms. Follow these steps to activate yours.
- Install Pluto TV on your device.
- Launch the Guide.
- Go to Channel 02. Alternatively, you can click or tap the “Activate” button. It is located on the left side of Pluto TV’s guide.
- A 6-digit activation code will appear near the top of the screen.
- If you’re logged in, click or tap MyPluto on the phone. Go to the Activate page, and enter the code you’ve been given. In case you’re not logged in or you don’t have an account yet, go to pluto.tv/activate and enter your device’s code.
If you decide to stop using Pluto TV for any reason, you can unpair your device. Follow these steps.
- Go to MyPluto.
- Click or tap “Activate”.
- Next, select your device.
- Tap or click the “X” button to disconnect your device.
You can watch Pluto TV on multiple devices. In fact, there is no limit to how many devices you can install it on. However, you will need to activate each device and each device requires a unique code. In case you need additional codes, go to Channel 02 to get them.
Chromecast Pluto TV
There are two ways to cast Pluto TV to your Chromecast. You can go through Chrome on your computer or you can use the Pluto TV mobile app. Let’s take a look at how it’s done.
Follow these steps to cast Pluto TV through Chrome.
- Launch Chrome on your computer.
- Click on the “More” icon at the top-right corner of the browser window.
- Select the “Cast…” option from the menu.
- Select Chromecast. If it’s already connected, an icon signifying its active status will show up.
Follow these steps to cast Pluto TV through your mobile device. This guide works for both Android and iOS devices.
- Launch Pluto TV on your device.
- Go to the channel you wish to cast.
- Tap the “Cast” icon at the top-right corner.
- Select Chromecast from the list of available casting devices.
Toggle Closed Captions
Here’s how to enable closed captions on various platforms.
This guide is for both Android phones and tablets.
- Launch Settings.
- Select Accessibility.
- Tap “Captions”.
- Tap the slider switch to toggle captions on.
- Launch Pluto TV.
- Tap the screen.
- Tap “CC”.
- Select the language.
Here’s how to turn on captions on Amazon devices.
- Enable Fire TV’s accessibility settings.
- Navigate to the “Captions” section and activate them.
- Go to Pluto TV and press the Menu (center) button on your TV’s remote.
- Select the language you want the captions to be displayed in.
Here’s how to turn on closed captions on your Roku TV device.
- Launch Pluto TV on your Roku device.
- Play something.
- Press the “Star” button. This will launch the Options.
- Navigate to “Closed captioning”.
- Press “Right” and “Left” arrows to select from the list of available captions.
End of Transmission
Viacom is determined to expand Pluto TV and make it available on more platforms in the future. Also, the number of available channels and the amount of on-demand content is rapidly increasing. Considering that it’s gaining new users with incredible speed, it is safe to assume Pluto TV is here to stay.