How to Add APKTime to Your Amazon Fire Stick
APKTime gives you an opportunity to download many amazing apps that aren’t available in Play Store. This alternative app store has much to offer, from cartoon apps and music, to apps for watching TV on Android and apps for Amazon Fire.
Amazon Fire Stick is a great device for streaming on big screens. It comes with a built-in app store where you can download almost everything. If you’ve got the Amazon Fire Stick and you’re interested in an app that can’t be found in the official Android store, you simply have to look for a third-party app store that offers the content you require.
If most of the apps you’d like to use aren’t available on Google Play, installing APKTime on your Fire Stick is definitely worth it.
Why Is Apktime Worth It?
APKTime, just like official app stores, has some useful features:
- All apps are divided into categories, making it easy to find what you’re looking for. There’s also a Fire Devices Only category!
- You can use the search bar to type in the keywords to find all related apps.
- All apps are briefly described and contain screenshots, so you know what to expect.
How to Install APKTime on Your Fire Stick
To install APKTime on your Fire Stick, you can’t use the official app store, so you’ll need to sideload it.
Note: You won’t be able to do so if apps from unknown sources are disabled.
Apps from Unknown Sources
To enable apps from unknown sources, follow these steps:
- Turn on your Fire Stick and connect it to your TV.
- Open Settings.
- From the Settings menu, open My Fire TV menu.
- Find and select Developer Options.
- Navigate to the Apps from Unknown Sources menu and select it.
- Choose Turn On in the pop-up window.
When you’ve enabled these apps, you can download APKTime with downloader app or ES file explorer.
To install APKTime, do the following:
- On your Fire Stick remote control, find the home button and click.
- Navigate to the Search field in the top left corner of your screen.
- Type in downloader and wait for the app to show in search results.
- Click on the app name and then click on Dowload.
When the installation is complete, open the Downloader. You can do this either by clicking on the Open button, if you’ve stayed in the same window where you downloaded the app, or by going back to your home screen.
If you’ve left the downloading window, here’s how you can open the Downloader app from your home screen.
- Click on Your Apps & Channels.
- Click on See All.
- Select Downloader to open it.
When opening the Downloader app for the first time, it may ask for your permission to access your Fire TV. It’s safe to click Accept to continue with the installation.
- Go to Settings – the menu on the left side of your screen.
- Click Yes in the pop-up window to confirm.
To find APKTime in the Downloader app:
- Select Browser from the menu on the left.
- Type in the following URL in the search field: https://apktime.com/apps/ and click on GO.
- A downloading link will appear so click to start.
- Once the app is downloaded, click on Install to complete the process.
- When the installation is done, click on the Open button to launch the APKTime app.
ES File Explorer
This app is similar to the Downloader app, but has one additional feature: you can use it to organize the files on your Fire Stick. If you want to use this app instead of the Downloader, the process is similar. When you download it, select it from Your Apps & Channels and open it.
- There’s a +New button at the bottom of the app’s home screen.
- From the Type menu, choose HTTPS (WEB) and type the APKTime URL from above in the Path field.
- Click on the APKTime file to download and install it.
- When the installation is finished, click OPEN to launch the APKTime app.
Simple Steps to Great Entertainment
These simple steps will lead you into a whole new world full of amazing apps. Choose an app that suits you and get ready to enjoy your favorite music, games, TV shows, sports and much more. Get your APKTime app to maximize the benefits of having the Amazon Fire Stick.
What are your favorite APKTime apps? Let us know in the comments section below!