Adding devices to Google Play is simple, and you can do it on many devices. Even iOS devices can use Google Play. However, they can’t use Google Play Games, which are exclusive to Android and Chrome OS devices.
Read on for a detailed guide on adding devices to Google Play. We’ll also cover some other essential tips.
How to Add a Device
Without any ado, here is how to add a device to your Google Play account:
- Launch the Settings app on your Android, Chromebook, or iOS device.
- Next, you need to select Accounts (Users and Accounts on some devices).
- Next, choose Add.
- Tap on Google Services and enter your verification method if prompted.
- Enter your Google credentials (the ones you use for Gmail), press Next, and follow the on-screen instructions.
You can use this method to add as many Google accounts as you want to your device. Setting up a Google account is free, but we suggest keeping the number of accounts up to three or four. With too many accounts, you might get confused. Besides, it will only be harder for you to remember your purchases between these accounts.
Add a Payment Method
Note that you will need to set up a payment method if you want to buy books, movies, or TV shows. Many Google Play Store apps have in-app purchases as well. So, without a payment method, you can only download free apps and games.
Follow the instructions to add your preferred payment method:
- Visit the official Google Play payment methods website on any browser.
- Tap on Add Credit or Debit Card, below the Add Payment Method tab on the site.
- Enter your card number, expiry date, and CVC. Then, add your name and billing address.
- Press Save, and your payment method will be saved.
Switch Between Accounts
When you have multiple accounts, changing from one to another in is a walk in the park in Google Play. Follow the instructions:
- Launch the Google Play app.
- Select the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines).
- Press the arrow next to your Gmail account.
- Choose between your available accounts.
If you can’t get or open the Google Play app for some reason, use the website. You can switch your Google Play account on the computer website like this:
- Open the Google Play Store in your browser.
- Tap your user icon in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- A dropdown menu will appear. Click on the preferred account, and you will be automatically logged in (if you saved your user info). Otherwise, enter your info and change the account.
On a mobile website, it is slightly different:
- Launch the Google Play website on your phone or tablet’s internet browser.
- Select the hamburger menu in the top left-hand corner.
- Press the Edit button (adjacent to your icon and username).
- Choose another Google Play account.
Enjoy Google Play
Switching between Google Play accounts is easy. When you want to change devices, the process is a bit more tedious, due to security protocols. Google will send you an email or a text warning you about someone accessing your Google Play account from a different device.
Confirm that it’s you who is accessing the account, and you should be able to use your Google Play account on a different account in no time.
Have you managed to add a device to Google Play? How did it go, have you had any problems with the process? Leave a comment below if you want to add to the discussion.