When you buy something new, you want it to look grand. If you’re an Apple fan and you’ve just bought yourself a new Apple Watch, you’ll be pleased to know that your customization options – including watch faces – are almost limitless.
If you’re into adding more Apple Watch faces and customizing them, we’ve got you covered. Below, we’ll explain how to add more Apple Watch faces on your always-on screen and how to personalize your watch to fit your everyday needs.
How Can You Add More Faces to Your Apple Watch?
You can find plenty of specialized faces in the Face Gallery that you can access from both your watch itself and the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Here’s how you can start adding new faces through the iPhone app:
- On your iPhone, go to your Apple Watch app and open “My Faces.”
- Surf through the faces until you find something you like.
- Once you’ve selected a face and edited its features, click “Add.”
Apple Watch Faces and Features
Since the Apple watch face is interactive, it has features called “Complications” to enhance the Apple to watch user’s experience. You can choose the kind of information you want to be displayed on the face, like time, battery levels, or new email notifications. In addition, with the “Photo” watch face, you can even use one of your photos as a background.
To adjust the face’s features on iPhone, you need to go to the Apple Watch app and select the face you want. Under “Complications,” you’ll see the areas of the watch face that can be customized. Click on each area and you’ll be able to add the details you want to make a watch’s face optimized for you.
Adding Apple Complications
Sometimes, you’ll need to have direct access to an app or a way to see your notifications even if you’re in an important meeting. Customizations are shortcuts to apps that give information, like weather, date, calendar notifications, battery life, navigation, and many more useful details.
Almost every face allows a fair amount of customization, so you can use complications to arrange access to your most important phone apps. Here’s how to add Complications:
- Tap on your watch’s face and hold it until you see an “Edit” option.
- Start swiping left, and you’ll see whether your face has an option for complications.
- Click on the “Complication”, and then click the crown to save your changes.
Making Your Face Collection
If you’re one of those people who like to customize every device you’re using, we have good news for you. Apple Watch allows you to create collections of your customized faces, even several variants of one design. Now you can have them all in one place. If you have one design you really like, here’s how to save it:
- Touch and hold your watch’s face.
- Start swiping left and once you see “New Button,” click on it.
- Turn the crown to search for the face you want to save and tap on it.
- You can now customize the face design and save it in your collection.
Sharing Apple Watch Faces
Sharing your faces is only possible if you have a watchOS 7 or higher. Moreover, you can send your friends fully customized watch faces with complications to help make their Apple Watch tailored to their specific needs. Here’s what you need to do to share an Apple Watch face:
- Go to the face you made for your friend.
- Touch and hold the face and click on the “Share” sign.
- Choose a contact to be a recipient and click on “Create Message.”
- Click on the name of the face you want to send and click “Send.”
If this process sounds too complicated, you can open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and send your watch face from there. Receiving the watch face is simple as well. All it takes is to open the message and add a new look to your collection.
How to Delete a Face
Sometimes, if you hold on to the same watch face design for a long time, you might eventually feel like it’s time for a new collection. Apple Watch faces allow you easily remove faces you don’t use to make room for some new ones.
Here’s what you need to do to delete faces from your Apple Watch:
- Touch and hold your current face.
- Find the face you no longer want to use and click “Remove.”
- In case you want to delete more faces, you can open the Apple Watch app, select “Edit” next to “My Faces”, and mark all the faces you want removed.
More Than Just a Watch
With the Apple Watch Series 6, Apple is pushing the limits and challenging all watch definitions. With its revolutionary always-on display, it’s more than two times brighter than the previous model, making it ideal for outdoor sports activities.
Now that you know more about Apple Watch faces, complications, and face collections, you can optimize every face you decide to use. What’s your all-time favorite face on Apple Watch? Do you like to use Complications?
Let us know in the comments section below.