How To Add Music to My Video with Apple Clips
Making videos is one of the best ways to express yourself or let others know what’s happening around you. It’s said that video is the way to go for social media, as proven by Snapchat, Instagram stories, and Facebook Live. And really, is anyone surprised? If a picture is worth a thousand words, then just imagine how much a video is worth.
The newest video application, Apple Clips, lets you add music to your videos, which can make your videos stand out even more.
Okay, so now you’ve got an idea of what we’re getting at here; making videos is the hot thing to do and is taking over the world. (Alright, maybe not taking over the world, but it’s had a big impact on how things are done on the internet and with today’s communication options.)
You can make your own video with the Apple Clips application. It’s portable and very user-friendly for photo and video editing.
Aside from Snapchat, Instagram, and Facebook video apps, you’ll want to check out Apple Clips.
Let’s get into how you can add music to your video with Apple Clips.
Add Music to Your Video
Looking to make your Apple Clips video a bit livelier? Looking to add an extra layer of emotion (be it serious or zany) to your video project? Well then, you’ll love the fact that you can add music to your video. You could probably even make your own rendition of a music video for fun.
You must choose music that the Apple Clips application has available or select something from your iTunes collection.
To add music to your video:
- Tap on the music note from the recording screen of Apple Clips. You’ll find it located in the upper right-hand corner of the application. On the Music screen in Apple Clips, there are three choices: None, Soundtracks, and My Music.
- Tapping on Soundtracks gives you the selection of music that the Apple Clips app has to offer. If you’d like to use one of the pre-installed soundtracks then tap on the cloud with the arrow pointing downward to download it to your iPhone.
- After the soundtrack gets downloaded, it will appear checked off with a blue check mark to let you know that it’s been downloaded.
- Go back to the recording screen in Apple Clips. Then, record your video clip like normal. When you’re finished recording, you’ll press the play button to review your video with the music you’ve chosen, and it will get added to your recording without any more work needed from you. When you’re satisfied with your video clip, tap Done in the lower right to save the video.
Do you want to add music from your iTunes collection? Well, that’s not a problem. But first, make sure it has gotten downloaded to your iPhone. Otherwise, it won’t show up in your iTunes choices.
- Tap the music note from the recording screen of Apple Clips, located in the upper right-hand corner of the application. It’s the same one as last time.
- Then, tap on My Music. Next choose by Artist, Album, Songs, Genres, Composers, and Playlists.
- Select the song you’d like to use.
(By the way, if you only want your music selection heard in your video clip then disable the microphone on the record screen. Alternatively, if you’d like the music to be the background music leave your mic on to record you and your surroundings.)
- Next, head back to the recording screen in Apple Clips and record your video clip as normal, just like last time. When it’s complete, you’ll press the play button to review your video, and the music you’ve selected has been added to your recording.
Pretty cool, right? We think it is, and we always like to share the good stuff with our readers.
And just like that, you’ve learned how to add music to your video with the Apple Clips application. Either use the pre-installed music clips offered to you by Apple or grab a song from your iTunes collection. Liven up your Apple Clips videos and have some fun. Whichever way you choose to go about it, it’s a pretty simple process, and you’ll be a pro at it in no time flat.