It’s not uncommon that social media companies try to compete and often copy innovations. Regardless of that, there is something unique in each of them, especially when talking about demographics.
Spontaneous people and those who live in the moment love Snapchat. Stickers, lenses, filters, and music make Snaps and Stories so much more fun. But can you add music to an already recorded video and make it more interesting? Yes, you can. But you’ll need a little help.
Adding Music to Snapchat on Android Phone
In case the video you want to share on Snapchat Story seems like it’s missing a soundtrack, don’t worry because you can fix it. If you are an Android user, you can download an app called VidTrim from the Play Store, and use it to add music to your video. Once you install it on your phone, this is what you need to do:
- Open the VidTrim app and select the video you want to enhance with music.
- Press “Get Access” to allow VidTrim to display and edit your videos. You will see a list of all videos on your Camera Roll.
- Select the video you want.
- Select the “Transcode” option. You can choose to change your video’s size and quality.
- Next to “Keep original audio,” uncheck the box. This action will remove all the audio.
- Select “External Audio.” That way, you can access the music stored on your phone.
- Select the music and then select the Transcode icon on the screen.
- Select “Play” to check how the video and audio blend.
- Select the back arrow. Go to Gallery and share the video.
The VidTrim app lets you add music to your videos, but it also allows you to trim, videos, merge them, as well as save them as MP3s. It also allows you to do other kinds of fun and useful editing.
Adding Music to Snapchat on iPhone
What about all of the iPhone users out there who want to send their music-infused Snapchat videos to friends? Similar to Android users, iPhone owners will need a little help from a third-party app.
iPhone users can look for the iMovie app on the App Store. The app’s been around for a long time and has proven very useful and practical. Here is how you add music from your iPhone storage to a video:
- Open the iMovie app and start a new video project.
- Tap “+” and then select “Audio” and then “My Music.”
- Select a song from the list and then press “+.”
- You will see available music files on the green line on the Edit screen. Pick the song you want to add.
- When you add the file, select “Done.”
Unfortunately, you can’t use Spotify or YouTube to add music via iMovie. However, there’s a workaround for that. You should download the song to your device before you can add it to an iMovie project.
However, you can also add sound effects in iMovie. A right combination of sound effects can serve as ideal background audio for a Snapchat Story. Here is what you need to do:
- Start a new project in iMovie.
- Select “Edit” and then scroll through the video you want to edit. Place the vertical white line where you want to add the sound effect.
- Select “+” and then “Audio,” followed by “Sound Effects.”
- Try out several sound effects, and when you find the one you like, tap the “+” button. iMovie will add the sound effect to your video.
- Once you’re satisfied with how it turned out, select “Done.”
Uploading Saved Videos to Snapchat
Video editing apps for Android and iOS smartphones are a great way to enhance your Snapchat game. They are easy to use and intuitive. Both will let you save the video with added audio to your phone, and then upload it to Snapchat. A great way to do that is to use the “Memories” feature. Follow these steps:
- Launch Snapchat on your phone.
- Select the picture icon on the screen.
- Select “Camera Roll” and find the video you’ve prepared for Snapchat.
- Select the three dots icon and then select “Send Photo” to upload it.
Adding Music to Snapchat While Recording
Snapchat tries to accommodate its users as much as possible. A recent Snapchat update allowed users to add music to their videos while they’re recording their videos. It was the missing piece according to many Snapchat users who pressed the company to deliver. It makes the entire process of adding audio to your Snaps much simpler. Here is to you do it:
- Open Spotify, Pandora, or any other music app on your phone. Make sure the sound is not too quiet or too loud.
- Now open Snapchat and start recording your video message.
- Pause the music and check how the video Snap turned out.
If everything is how you imagined, send the video to your friends or post it to a Story.
Music Makes Everything Better
Most people can relate to this statement. It’s undoubtedly true for Snapchat and other social media platforms. And the combination of audio and video opens up a lot of room for creativity.
Let us know what you think about adding music to Snapchat in the comments section below.