TikTok owes a big chunk of its popularity to its extensive set of options and customization. One of the best ways you can personalize your TikToks (videos on TikTok) is by adding photos and photo templates.
Read on and find out how to add photos to TikTok. You can use the images from your device’s gallery, so make sure to have some beautiful pictures ready.
Add Photos to TikTok Background
There are two main ways you can add photos to TikTok. The first one is just adding a photo from your gallery to the background of your TikTok video.
Here’s how to add a photo from your gallery to your TikTok:
- Launch TikTok on your tablet or phone.
- Tap on the big plus icon at the bottom of the home screen to create a new TikTok.
- Record a TikTok like you usually would.
- Pause the recording (press the big circle at the bottom of the screen).
- Tap on Effect at the bottom-left hand side of your screen.
- Select the Upload Your Own Image to Change the Background option (green photo gallery icon).
- Choose a photo from your gallery that you want to use as a background for your video.
- Tap record again to finish shooting the video. Your image will be the new background, pretty neat, right?
Add Photo Templates to TikTok
Another way to add photos to TikTok is to use templates. This option is a better choice if you want to add more than one picture to your TikTok. Here is how you can use templates in TikTok:
- Start TikTok.
- Select the plus icon to start recording a TikTok.
- Choose the Photo Templates option.
- Select a template you like. There are many available (nature, celebrations, etc.).
- Then, choose the photos you want to add and create a TikTok slideshow. Just tap on each desired photo in the order you want them to appear in the video.
- Another thing to keep in mind is that each template has a set number of photos you can upload. When you finish adding the images, press OK at the top of the screen.
- The photos will be uploaded to your TikTok video shortly. Then, you can add some extra flavor with effects, text, stickers, and filters. Press next when you finish working with the effects. We suggest keeping it simple, instead of cluttering your TikTok.
The Final Touches
You should treat your TikTok photo collage like any other TikTok. When you finish adding photos and effects, feel free to add relevant text to your post. You can also choose a variety of cool TikTok filters to compliment your pictures.
Adding a music track can’t do any harm either, just make sure it fits your selection of photos. Finally, you can add some emoji or stickers to brighten up the tone even further. The choice is yours. However, we’d always add some music to break the monotony.
After editing your photo collage TikTok, press Next, and you will land on the finishing window. From this menu, you can insert your captions where you greet your fans or friends, describe your photos a little, etc. You can also press Select Cover and choose on the photos from your collage to be the cover photo of your TikTok.
Tap Post when you are ready, and that’s it.
TikTok gives a lot of creative freedom to its users. You can add just about anything to your TikToks, including music, effects, filters, text, and photos from your gallery. If these are your private photos, we also suggest making the video private or only visible to your friends or followers on TikTok.
Once again, there’s no need to use any third-party software for photos on TikTok. How did your latest TikTok turn out? Have you had fun adding pictures and other effects to it? Feel free to share your masterpieces in the comments section below.