How To Add Visual Effects to Your TikTok Video
TikTok is one of the most popular video creation apps. It’s got a lot of different features designed to help you express your creativity. If you are new to the app, it is easy to get confused or overwhelmed by so many video editing options.
The app allows you to create videos quickly and share them with your friends and family. But, if you want to come up with something special, you will have to master the use of visual effects. You can do that in a few different ways.
In this article, we will explain how to add visual effects to your TikTok videos.
The TikTok App – Two Ways of Adding Effects
TikTok allows you to add visual effects to your videos in two different ways. You can either add effects before making a video or after it’s already recorded. The available effects that you can use are different in both cases, so it’s crucial to know how things work.
Adding Effects Before Recording
- If you add visual effects before recording a video, you will be able to see them in real-time while you do the filming. Here is how you do it:
Open the app.
- Tap the tiny “+” icon at the bottom of the screen to open your camera.
- Tap the “Effects” button in the bottom-left corner.
- Choose one of the many available effects provided by the app. You can use all kinds of filters, cat and dog effects, trendy effects, all sorts of funny seasonal effects, and so on. Tap the effect you want to add, and it will appear on the screen.
- Proceed to record the video.
Adding Effects After Recording
TikTok allows you to add effects to an already recorded video. Here is what you have to do:
- Open the app.
- Tap the “+” icon at the bottom of the screen to open your camera.
- Record a video.
- When the preview window opens, tap the “Special Effects” button in the bottom-left corner. The available effects will appear on the screen. You can choose one of the many filters, stickers, and other effects.
- Select either filter or time effects at the bottom of the screen.
- Hold the effect you want to add to the video. Keep holding it as the video plays. The moment you let go, the effect will stop. You can then add another effect until the end of the video. TikTok allows you to combine multiple effects in a single video, so you can come up with some hilarious moments.
- When you’re done with the editing, tap the “Save” button in the bottom-right corner of the screen. The effects you selected will be applied to your video, and you can then share it with friends and family.
TikTok has plenty of built-in effects for you to use, but if you can’t find one you like, you can always use other apps to express yourself correctly. If that’s the case with you, here are the best free video effects apps that complement TikTok.
Other Video Editing Tools
TikTok is excellent for video editing, but BeeCut provides you with many other options you can’t find on TikTok. It’s free for download and works on both Android and iOS devices.
BeeCut provides a more detailed way of editing videos. You can do everything with the app, so there’s no need to further edit the videos on your PC. You can trim, split, cut, and rotate the video as you like, plus you can add all kinds of filters and transitions.
If you are using an iOS device, you will get the “Advanced editing” function that allows you to add a caption to your videos. So, if you want to get really creative, using BeeCut after you have edited the video in TikTok will expand your video editing options.
You can use Videoshop for trimming, merging files, adjusting the video speed, and so much more. The tool also allows you to add animated text and music to videos, as well as all kinds of filters, duplicate effects, transitions, and so on.
You can download Videoshop from the Google Play Store or the App Store for free. All you have to do to edit your videos is run the app and load the video you want. The editor panel will then open, and all of the options will appear on the screen. The app is easy to use, and you will be able to master the video editing process in no time.
Show the World How You See Things
Now that you know how to edit videos in TikTok, you can show the rest of the world how creative and talented you are. Get the effects right, and your work might go viral!
Do you know of any other editing apps that work great in combination with TikTok? Share your favorites in the comments below!