Both the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge operating on Android 7.0 Nougat have a great new design and features possibly making them one of the best phones in 2016. Many Galaxy S7 owners want to know how to create custom ringtones for contacts. The good news is that it’s fairly easy to make custom contact ringtones and custom notifications ringtones. You can apply these ringtones to either one specific individual contact or everyone. Below we’ll explain how you can use your own music to create a custom ringtone on the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge running on Android Nougat 7.0.
How to set custom ringtones on Android 7.0
Now that both the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge feature Samsung’s TouchWiz technology on Android 7.0 Nougat, the process to add and create custom ringtones for contacts is very easy. You have the option to set custom ringtones for each individual contact, and set custom sounds for text messages as well. The follow steps below to set custom ringtones:
- Turn on the Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Go to the Dialer app.
- Browse and select the contact you want to edit a ring tone for.
- Select the pen-shaped icon to edit the contact.
- Then select the “Ringtone” button.
- A popup window will show up with all your ringtone sounds.
- Browse and select the song you want to use as a ringtone.
- If the ringtone you made isn’t listed hit “Add” and find it in your device storage, then select it.
The instructions above should change the specific ringtone for one individual contact on your Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge operating on Android Nougat 7.0. While all other calls will use the standard default sound from settings, and any contact you customize will have their own custom tune. The best reason to create a custom ringtone on the Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge is to make things more personal, and it’ll allow you to know who’s calling without ever looking at your Samsung Galaxy.