How To Add Private Photos to Badoo
Over the last decade, there have been many scandals involving privacy breaches on the internet. Many everyday users and some celebrities had their phones and social media accounts hacked, and that occasionally meant that their intimate photos got leaked online. Even without hacking, we often hear about people’s photos getting shared without their permission.
Online dating websites such as Badoo are not excluded from various breaches of privacy or trust. But Badoo users are lucky, as they have the option to hide their photos from the public. While it may not be unbreachable, this security measure can make a huge difference.
Read on to find out how you can make your photos private on Badoo.
How to Upload Photos to Badoo
If you are not yet on Badoo, you are missing out. This app is used by millions of people on a daily basis. It is a great place to meet new friends and find romance. You can download the app for free both on Android and iOS devices, or you can use the browser version on your desktop.
Here is how you can upload new photos to Badoo:
- Start up the app.
- Go to your profile by tapping the icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Next to your profile picture, you will see a camera icon with a plus. Tap on that.
- Select the picture you want to upload from your phone gallery. You can also upload pictures directly from your Instagram or Facebook accounts if you have connected them to your Badoo account.
- Once you select it, press Add at the bottom right.
- Start Badoo.
- Go to your profile screen.
- Tap on the icon in the top right corner.
- Select Upload Photo.
- Choose one or more pictures you want to include and press Add.
- You can also select Add Videos here if you want to capture and add a new video.
- Open the Badoo app on your phone.
- Go to the Edit Profile screen by tapping on the top right of your screen.
- Select any of your profile pictures.
- At the bottom right, you will see the Add More Photos option.
- Alternatively, you can tap on the three dots next to it and select Upload New Photo.
- Checkmark the picture from your gallery that you would like to Add.
How to Add Private Photos on Badoo
Not every photo is for all to see. You can make some photos private on Badoo using the following steps:
- Launch Badoo.
- Open your profile page.
- Access Edit Profile.
- Select any of the photos you have uploaded.
- Tap the three dots in the bottom right corner.
- Choose to Make Private.
- You will get a notification alerting you that this process cannot be undone. Confirm it.
A new photo album will then appear next to your photos. This album is blacked out and has a lock icon on it. It contains all the photos you have chosen to make private.
- Access your profile.
- Go to Edit Profile.
- Tap on the Private photos album.
- Select Add at the top right of your screen.
- Choose any pictures you want to add.
- They will be directly uploaded to this private album.
To delete a private photo, simply choose the one you want to delete from this album and tap on the trash icon in the bottom right corner.
What to Keep in Mind When Adding Private Photos
You can add just about any photos to your private photo album on Badoo, but you have to follow the Terms and Conditions, as well as the Guidelines provided by Badoo.
Pornographic images are forbidden, though some erotic content is allowed in your private album. Violence or hate acts are out of the question, as well as photos which may provoke hatred. You cannot use Badoo to post any kind of shocking imagery.
Badoo strictly forbids any photos or videos of people who are underage, i.e. younger than 18. You should also be mindful of copyrighted images or videos. If you post something that breaks the rules, you can get banned and your account will be deleted.
Unfortunately, there is no such thing as absolute privacy on the Internet. You may think your data is safe and protected, but it is always susceptible to privacy breaches and hacking.
While Badoo has rules and guidelines in place, there is still a risk that your photos will get misused. Keep that in mind when using the app. If something could be used against you – for example, for blackmail – it’s best to keep it offline.