How To Block Someone on Badoo
If you have not heard of Badoo before, you should definitely check it out. It’s the most widely used dating app ever made. Tinder might be more popular in America, but Badoo is far more popular in other countries such as Brazil, Spain, Mexico, France, and Italy.
But considering its extremely wide user base, some rotten apples are bound to be found on Badoo. Aggressive behavior is far too common on dating apps, especially from men who are looking for a girlfriend and won’t take no for an answer. Luckily, you can block and report such people, read on to find out how.
How Badoo Works
Like every other dating app, Badoo works on the principle of swiping left or right depending on whether you find someone appealing. But how do you set it all up?
First, you need to download the app from the Google Play Store on Android or from the Apple Store on the iPhone. The app has a freemium model, which means it is free to download and use. However, there are some in-app purchases.
You will need to register with your email address and password. You will also be required to upload a picture so other users can see you and decide if they want to add you. After registering, you will need to confirm that it is really you in the picture by taking a fresh picture at the spot. Badoo will review it and let you use the app if they confirm it is you.
When you log in and start the app, you will automatically be sent to the matching window, where you get matched with the people of the sex you are interested in. The app asks for your location, so they can match you with people who are nearby.
You should press X if you dislike the person, or swipe left. If you like them, swipe right or tap on the heart icon. If you want to speed up the process, tap the icon in the middle, which sends a crush to them. Note that this feature has a cost. If this person decides to like you back, you will be notified and you can start chatting.
But things can get intense in chat. Someone who seems nice at first can become very unpleasant in a short while. If the person keeps asking you inappropriate questions, sending you pictures, or spamming you with messages, you can easily block them.
How to Block Someone on Badoo
In case someone is harassing you, do not hesitate to block and report them straight away. Here is how you can do that on Badoo:
- Start the Badoo app on your device.
- Go to the conversation window, which has a cloud icon located at the bottom right of your screen.
- Enter the chat with the person you want to block.
- Tap on their picture to get to their profile.
- Swipe all the way down to the bottom of your screen.
- Select Block or Report
- On this screen, you can choose why you are reporting them (e.g. spam, scam, rudeness, etc.)
- Confirm by pressing the checkmark in the top right corner.
What Happens When You Block Someone
The person you have blocked won’t get a notification telling them you did it. Also, they will still be able to look at your profile and they will even see if you visit theirs. Blocking them only stops them from messaging you again. If you’re absolutely desperate to avoid someone in every way, it might be best to make a new account.
How to Manage Blocked Users
You can see the list of all the blocked users when you go into Settings. Here is how to get to it:
- Simply go to your Profile, the rightmost icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Settings are located on the top left of your screen.
- Then select Blocked Users.
- You will see all the users you blocked.
- To unblock somebody, tap on their picture. Scroll down to the bottom of their profile and select Unblock. If you do this quickly enough, the person might not know you ever blocked them.
Fortunately, Badoo makes it very easy to get rid of the creeps, bullies, or extremely annoying people you may encounter. Do not let anyone ruin your day by telling you something mean and or being disrespectful. They may want your time and attention, but they don’t deserve to get it.