How to Block a Contact in WhatsApp
Various features make WhatsApp a terrific communication tool. For instance, people who have your phone number can easily find you on WhatsApp, add you to their contacts list, and begin to chat. However, the ease of connection is sometimes a double-edged sword. Intruders can get their hands on your number and get in touch with you, which is where the block feature comes in handy.
In this entry, we’ll show you how to block a contact on WhatsApp and prevent undesirable conversations.
How to Block a Contact on WhatsApp
- How to Block a Contact on WhatsApp
- How to Block All Contacts on WhatsApp
- How to Block Non Contacts on WhatsApp
- How to Block a Contact in a Group in WhatsApp
- How to Block a Contact’s Profile Picture in WhatsApp
- How to Block a Contact’s Last Seen Status
- How to Block an Unknown Number on WhatsApp
- Additional FAQs
- Manage Your Unwanted Contacts
Fortunately, blocking someone on WhatsApp is quite straightforward:
- Open the app.
- Press the three dots in the upper right-hand corner of the screen to access more options.
- Hit the “Settings” option.
- Go to the “Account” section and hit “Privacy,” followed by “Blocked Contacts.”
- In this menu, press the “Add” symbol in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select or search the user you wish to block.
Another method to block someone is to access the settings directly from your chat:
- Enter the chat of the person you wish to block.
- Press the three dots in the upper right-hand part of the display.
- Hit “More” and press “Block.”
- Confirm your decision by pressing “Block” on the confirmation screen.
How to Block All Contacts on WhatsApp
Blocking all contacts on WhatsApp can also come in handy:
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi or mobile internet.
- Navigate to this website from your PC, enter your WhatsApp login information or follow the instructions on the screen.
- Press the three dots and hit “Settings.”
- Choose the “Blocked” section.
- Right-click on the screen and select the “Inspect Element” option.
- Hit the Esc key on the keyboard and enter the following line: var cl = document.getElementsByClassName(‘chat-body’); for(var i=0;i<cl.length;i++) cl[i].click();
- Hit the Enter button to activate the code.
How to Block Non Contacts on WhatsApp
You have two options if you want to block non-contacts on WhatsApp. Here’s what you should do if the contacted has reached out to you for the first time:
- Start WhatsApp.
- Go to the chat of the contact and press “More.”
- Hit “Block” and press “Block” again on the confirmation screen.
Alternatively, you can take the following approach:
- Go to the chat of the unknown number.
- Tap the person’s phone number.
- Press “Block” at the bottom of the screen.
- Hit “Block” again, and that’s all there is to it.
How to Block a Contact in a Group in WhatsApp
The only contact from a WhatsApp group you can block is the admin. Take the following steps to do so:
- Go to the group chat.
- Tap your group subject.
- Tap the admin’s phone number.
- If prompted, press “Send Message” or “Message (phone number).”
- You’ll now go to the chat with the administrator. Press their number in the upper part of your screen.
- Choose “Block,” and press “Block” again.
How to Block a Contact’s Profile Picture in WhatsApp
Unfortunately, blocking someone else’s profile picture in WhatsApp is impossible. But in case you decide to hide your profile image, this is what you need to do:
- Start the app and navigate to “Settings.”
- Choose the “Account” option, followed by “Privacy.”
- Press “Profile Photo.”
- If you want your profile image to be visible to your contacts only, hit the “My Contacts” option.
- If you want to hide the picture from everyone, choose “Nobody.”
How to Block a Contact’s Last Seen Status
Again, WhatsApp doesn’t allow you to block another user’s last seen status. However, the feature may come in handy for you, so check out how it works:
- Open WhatsApp and head to “Settings.”
- Press “Account,” and select “Privacy.”
- Hit the “Last Seen” section.
- Choose “My Contacts” if you want the status to be shown to your contacts only. Alternatively, select “Nobody” if you don’t want anyone to see your status.
How to Block an Unknown Number on WhatsApp
There’s a simple way to block unknown numbers on WhatsApp:
- Enter the chat of the person you wish to block.
- Tap their phone number.
- Press the “Block” option in the lower part of the screen.
- Tap “Block” once more, and you’re all done.
Will a Contact Know if I’ve Blocked Them on WhatsApp?
No, blocked contacts don’t receive notifications about the move. However, there are clues they can pick up on. For instance, they will no longer see your last seen status or updates to your profile photo.
What Does a Block Contact See in WhatsApp?
The only information blocked contacts can see on your profile is the profile picture you had when you blocked the user. Other than that, the user won’t be able to check out any updates you’ve made since the block.
Does Blocking a Contact Block WhatsApp?
No, blocking a contact on your phone doesn’t automatically block the person on WhatsApp. To do so, refer to the previous sections that explain how to block a user on WhatsApp.
When You Block Someone on WhatsApp Do They Know?
While users don’t receive direct notifications about someone blocking them, they may find out you’ve blocked them by paying attention to the following hints:
• They can’t see your last seen status in your chat window.
• Your profile photo updates aren’t visible.
• None of the messages the blocked user sends will be delivered. Only one checkmark will show, signifying that the message has been sent. However, it will never reach you.
• Placed calls won’t go through to you.
Manage Your Unwanted Contacts
While texting and calling people on WhatsApp can be a lot of fun, it can also become a major source of annoyance. In this case, you can take full advantage of the block feature and prevent people from bothering you further. It will make your life easier, and you’ll remain a happy WhatsApp user.
Have you ever blocked a contact in WhatsApp? Are there any other ways of preventing unwanted communication? Tell us in the comments section below.