Are Brother Printers Compatible with AirPrint?
New technologies allow you to print photos, documents, and web pages, as well as scan them, using the internet connection. It’s much more practical than transferring files to the printer via cables.
Apple’s AirPrint technology lets you print wirelessly without installing additional drivers or apps. Brother printers are compatible with most Apple devices, and you can use their iPrint&Scan app to print directly from your iOS device. But can you use AirPrint with a Brother printer? Find out here.
Does AirPrint Work with Brother Printers?
The short answer to this question is: yes. Apple’s AirPrint technology is compatible with most Brother printer models. However, before you buy a Brother printer, you should check if it carries the “Works with Apple AirPrint” badge. To check what Brother printers are compatible with AirPrint, you can visit the Brother official website.
AirPrint is available on the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Mac, and other Apple devices. That means you can use any of them to print files on a Brother printer via AirPrint technology. The only condition is that both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network.
How to Use AirPrint with iPad, iPod Touch, and iPhone
To start printing, you need to connect your Brother printer to Wi-Fi. On your router, find the WPS or AOSS button and press it. Then, find the Wi-Fi button on the printer and hit it to connect the printer to the router.
Then connect your mobile device with the printer by doing the following:
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Go to Wi-Fi settings and turn on Wi-Fi.
- Select your Brother printer from the list of available devices.
If you’re experiencing trouble connecting your devices, make sure both devices are within range. It would be best to move both your phone and the printer close to the router. Then you can proceed to print by following these steps:
- Turn on the printer.
- Find the page you’d like to print on your mobile device. You can print from almost any app.
- Tap the share icon. It is often a small square and arrow icon.
- Choose Print or tap the printer icon.
- Tap on Select Printer.
- Select your printer and adjust any necessary options, like the number of copies, or specific pages you’d like to print.
- Select Print in the top right corner to complete the action.
If you make a mistake, you can cancel your print job. Here’s how.
- Open App Switcher and tap on Print Center.
- On this screen, you can check the details of your print job.
- To stop the files from printing, select the red Cancel Printing option at the bottom.
How to Use AirPrint with a Mac Computer
You can use AirPrint with Mac computers as well. You don’t need any cables or software – simply add your Brother printer to the list of recognized devices, and you’re all set.
- From the main menu, click on System Preferences.
- Find the Print & Scan option (or Printers & Scanners, depending on the model).
- Select the plus icon on the left to add your Brother printer.
- Select Add Printer or Scanner and wait for the new screen to appear.
- Click on your printer and choose AirPrint from the pop-up list.
- Select Add to complete the process.
After you add the printer to your Mac computer, you can proceed with printing.
- Turn on the printer and make sure the Wi-Fi button is on as well.
- On your computer, open the file you’d like to print.
- Select File and choose Print from the dropdown menu.
- On the next screen, select the correct printer.
- Adjust the number of pages you want to print and other options.
- Select Print.
If You’re Experiencing Issues
Sometimes everything will go smoothly. The other times, however, you might not be able to pair the printer with your device. Or you may have trouble connecting it to Wi-Fi, or experience some other issue.
In that case, you can restart one or both of your devices, as well as your router. Another solution is to make sure your devices are running the latest firmware by updating it. Also, updating the OS on your iOS device or Mac might work. Finally, you might want to check the printer drivers on your computer.
Making Printing Quick and Easy
With AirPrint, you’ll be able to print whatever you want whenever you want with zero complications. The first time may require a bit more work because you’ll need to pair your mobile device and your printer, but after that, it’s plain sailing. Many Brother printers work perfectly well with AirPrint, so it’s up to you to choose a suitable model and get started.
What Brother printer will you pick? Let us know in the comments section below.