How to Cancel Apple Music Subscription
A hugely popular streaming service, Apple Music has a library of over 60 million songs and comes with the option to create your own playlists.
But, what if you’ve changed your mind about subscribing?
Fortunately, you can always cancel your Apple Music subscription. And we’re going to show you all the ways that you can accomplish this.
Cancel Apple Music Using Your iPod or iPad
You can easily cancel the subscription to Apple Music using your phone or tablet. Just follow these quick steps:
- On your iPhone or iPad open “Settings.”
- Select your name and then click on “Subscriptions.”
- In case you don’t see “Subscriptions,” select “iTunes & App Store” and select your Apple ID and then “View ID.” After signing in or Face ID verification, you’ll find the “Subscriptions” option.
- Select “Apple Music” and then select “Cancel Subscription.”
If you don’t see the “Cancel Subscription” option at this point, then it’s very likely that it’s already canceled, which you may check with the other people who also have access to it.
Cancel Apple Music Using Your Mac
- On your computer, open the App Store.
- Make sure you’re signed in to your account and select your name.
- Select “View Information” and scroll down to “Subscriptions.”
- Select “Manage” and then click on “Edit” next to Apple Music.
- Finally, select “Cancel Subscription.”
Reminder: if you’re canceling during a trial period, you will instantly lose access to your Apple Music library. If not, the access remains until the end of the current billing period.
Cancel Apple Music Using Apple TV
You can cancel the subscription on your Apple TV just as quickly:
- Open “Settings” on your Apple TV.
- Click on “Users & Accounts” and then choose your account.
- Click on “Subscriptions.”
- Find Apple Music and then select “Cancel Subscription.”
And voila, it’s done!
Can You Cancel Apple Music on Android?
Rather, you’ll need to use iTunes on your computer. In the unlikely event that you don’t have iTunes, you’ll have to download it first. Follow these steps:
- On your computer, launch iTunes.
- Select “Account” and then select “View My Account.” You will be prompted to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Select “View Account” and then scroll to “Settings.”
- Select “Subscriptions” and then “Manage.”
- Choose Apple Music and then “Cancel Subscription.”
If you have to install iTunes just to unsubscribe from Apple Music, you can easily uninstall it later by going to Settings>Apps>Uninstall on your computer.
When You Cancel Apple Music Subscription
Here’s the thing… after canceling the subscription, the app isn’t going to disappear on its own. And if you choose to leave the app on your device, it may make it easier to subscribe again in the future.
However, you’ll have definitely lost access to the service. Also, keep in mind that if you have the Apple Music Family Plan, canceling the subscription means other members will lose access to it.
Pro Tip: If you’re not sure about Apple Music when you first subscribe, make sure to turn off the auto-renewal feature. You won’t have to worry about unsubscribing later and you’ll get a reminder to renew.
Saying Bye to Apple Music
If you ever change your mind about Apple Music, you can always cancel.
Regardless of how you use the service, you’ll be able to find a quick way to cancel. Even if you have to go through iTunes on a PC, it won’t take very long.
How happy are you with your Apple Music subscription? Let us know in the comments section below.