How to Cancel Your Pandora Subscription
Pandora is an online radio station that allows you to listen todifferent genres, artists, and albums whenever you’re connected to theinternet. It’s simple to use, and you get access to a wide variety of music, soyou’ll never get bored with the same songs on repeat.
But what if you want to move on and listen to your favorite music some other way? Here’s how you can cancel your Pandora subscription.
Cancel Your Pandora Subscription
Canceling your Pandora subscription is a piece of cake, but onlyafter you establish what service you’re billed through. Is it your Google Playaccount? Or your PayPal account? Check your bank statement to know where tolook for further information.
Before you proceed to cancel the membership, remember that merelydeleting the app from your phone doesn’t remove your subscription. You need tocancel it using the same service you subscribed with. Also, Pandora can onlymanage subscriptions made through their website, but not through other vendorsbecause their team can’t access another vendor’s billing system.
If you experience any trouble while canceling your subscription, you should contact the vendor or the Pandora customer care service for help. You should know that your subscription is automatically renewed each month if you don’t cancel it.
If You Subscribed via Apple
You can use your iOS device to cancel the subscription or do it from your computer. From your mobile device, you should:
- Open the Settings app.
- Select Apple ID at the top.
- Select Subscriptions.
- Select a subscription level ortap Cancel Subscription. (There are two plans on Pandora: Plus and Premium. Onthis screen, you can choose if you want to change your subscription or cancelit altogether.)
- If prompted, confirm that youwant to unsubscribe.
- Tap Done to finish the process.
If you’re using the web, follow these steps:
- Go to the App Store or open theapp.
- You’ll see your Apple ID at thebottom, so click to open.
- Sign in to your account.
- Click on View information andlog in using your Apple ID if prompted.
- Find the Manage section on theInformation page.
- Select Manage.
- Find Pandora and select theEdit button next to it.
- Select a new type ofsubscription or click on Cancel Subscription.
- If prompted, confirm your choice.
If You Subscribed via Roku
Follow our instructions if you want to cancel your subscription made via Roku:
- Open a web browser.
- Visit the www.my.roku.com/account/subscriptions.
- If necessary, sign in to your Roku account.
- Find Pandora under Subscriptions and choose Unsubscribe.
Another way is to do this:
- When you open the home screenof your Roku, look for the Pandora channel.
- Highlight the channel, butdon’t open it.
- Select the Options button toopen a menu.
- Click on Manage subscriptionand then Cancel subscription at the bottom.
- Choose if you want to keeplistening to the radio on your Roku until your billing period is over.
If You Subscribed via Amazon
You can cancel the subscription using your Kindle Fire or an Android smartphone or tablet. If you’re using a Kindle Fire device, do the following:
- From the home screen, selectApps.
- Choose Store and then from thismenu, choose My Subscriptions.
- Select Pandora and select theorange Turn off Automatic Renewal button. Your subscription is now canceled.
If you want to cancel the subscription from your Android device, follow the instructions below:
- Open the Amazon Appstore app.
- From the main menu, selectSubscriptions.
- Choose Pandora Subscription.
- Click the Turn off AutomaticRenewal button, and your subscription will be canceled.
If You Subscribed via Google Play
Although you can contact Google Play’s customer support to cancel the subscription, you can also do it yourself by following these steps:
- Open a web browser and visit this page: www.play.google.com/store/account/subscriptions.
- If you haven’t already signed in, you may be prompted to do it now.
- Scroll to find Pandora under Subscriptions and click or tap to open.
- Select Cancel Subscription and confirm your choice.
If You Subscribed via Pandora
If you used Pandora’s website to subscribe, follow the steps below to cancel your subscription:
- Use your computer to log in toyour account. Don’t use a mobile device.
- Select your profile image, andyou’ll see a drop-down menu.
- Click on Settings and chooseSubscriptions.
- Click on Switch Plans.
- At the bottom, you’ll see theCancel Subscription button. Click it.
- Type in your password whenprompted. This is necessary to confirm you’re sure you want to cancel thesubscription.
Note that you can use the app until your current billing period isover, even when you cancel the subscription. It only refers to any futurepayments.
If You Subscribed via Your Carrier
You’ll need to contact your carrier’s customer service to cancel thePandora subscription in this case. Pandora isn’t able to provide the necessaryinformation related to this method of unsubscribing.
Saying Bye to Pandora
There are many ways to cancel your Pandora subscription. It alldepends on what service you used to subscribe in the first place. Our articleoutlined all the necessary steps you need to take to unsubscribe from this internetradio station. Whether you use your Android device, Kindle Fire, Pandora’swebsite, or another service, you’ll find the instructions here. Then you’ll befree to move on and find another way to enjoy listening to music online.
Have you ever had to cancel your Pandora subscription? Was it astraightforward process? Let us know in the comments section below.