How to Cancel Starz on the Amazon Fire Stick
Starz is an amazing channel featuring some of the most captivating and original series of recent years These series, including Black Sails, American Gods, Outlander, etc., are often overlooked, despite their amazing storylines. That said, maybe you’ve seen most of these shows already or simply got bored of watching them. Why pay a subscription to a channel you’re not even viewing anymore? If that’s the case, you can cancel Starz from Amazon Prime Video; a process that will be tracked on your Firestick as well.
Note: You can’t actually cancel Starz directly on Firestick, but this channel will no longer be available for viewing on any of your devices after you do so.
So How Do You Cancel it?
Whilst fairly simple and straightforward, many people still don’t know how to cancel channel subscriptions on Amazon Prime Video. Here’s a neat and easy-to-follow tutorial to help you:
- First of all, you need to access your Amazon Prime account linked to your Firestick. You can do this using any device that can run a web browser (tablet, phone, desktop, laptop, etc.). Any web browser is fine (Chrome, Safari, Mozilla, even Internet Explorer).
- Simply log into your Amazon account using your username and password.
- Then, place your mouse on the Account and Lists menu in the top right of your screen. A dropdown list with many options will appear, you should click on Memberships and Subscriptions.
- You’ll see many subscription options below, click on Prime Video Channels, it is first on the list to the left.
- On the Prime Video Channels page, you will see Your Channels listed. If you see Starz on the list, that means that you’re still subscribed. You should also see the monthly price of the subscription as well as the renewal date. You need to click on Cancel Channel below the Actions tab (the screenshot below is taken after STARZ was already canceled, so the action is Restart Channel).
- Finally, confirm the cancelation with Cancel Channel on the pop-up window.
That’s it. You’ve successfully canceled Starz. To confirm, you can easily check if this method has worked. On the same page (Prime Video Channels), on the list of channels, Starz might remain, but the button under the Actions tab will be changed.
Now it will read Restart Channel. Clicking on this will reverse the Starz cancelation and subscribe you to this premium channel again. This can come in handy if you have a change of heart and decide to watch some more Starz shows.
Nobody would blame you for it, most of these action-packed shows are binge-worthy. If your decision is final, you’re free from yet another subscription fee. These can stack up, especially now that every channel is starting its own streaming service.
That’s why Amazon Prime Video is so good. And don’t worry, by canceling a single channel subscription, you’re not affecting your Amazon Prime subscription. You can cancel Amazon prime entirely if you want to, this would actually take down all the channel subscriptions as well.
In doing so, you will also lose the benefits provided by this service. Same as with canceling individual channels on Prime, you can use the service during the last month you paid the subscription. You’ll use the content only when the new billing period begins.
Of course, you can subscribe again (both to Amazon Prime or individual channels) whenever you please. If you have multiple channel subscriptions, you can cancel all of them using the method described above. The process is the same.
A Night without Starz
That’s the end of this tutorial. The next time you fire up your Firestick (sorry for that lazy pun!) Starz and any other channels you canceled will no longer be available. On the bright side, your credit card won’t be charged for the said channel subscriptions either.
You’ll still have plenty of stuff to watch with Amazon Prime even when you unsubscribe from these expensive premium channels. Starz isn’t the most expensive channel available, but the cost adds up during the year.
What are your thoughts on this matter? Do let us know in the comments section below.