How to Cancel Starz on a Roku
Starz is a premium television network that you can stream in high-definition using a streaming device such as Roku. Although it’s not as popular as HBO, it still contains tons of quality movies and TV shows that you may want to stream on the big screen.
However, if you want to cancel the Starz and remove it from your Roku device, you’ll need to unsubscribe first. There are two ways to unsubscribe from Starz and remove it from your Roku channel list. This article will go through both.
Unsubscribe from Starz with Roku
If you link your credit card to Roku, you can subscribe to all supported channels directly from the platform. Therefore, subscription fees for different services will come with your Roku bill.
When you subscribe to a streaming service directly from Roku, the only way to cancel that subscription is with your Roku account. You can unsubscribe using the Roku player (streaming device or a Roku TV), or using the web browser (through your Roku account).
Before you proceed, you should know that these methods won’t cancel the subscription immediately. Instead, they will prevent the subscription to automatically renew. You’ll still be able to use the service until your current subscription is due, and you’ll be charged for the entire subscription period.
Unsubscribe Using Your Roku Account
The easiest way to manage your subscriptions is through your online Roku account. Here, you can access the list of all your subscriptions and check their prices and expiration dates. Besides, this is the most reliable way to keep in touch with all subscriptions linked to your account.
To unsubscribe from Roku, proceed with these steps:
- Open your preferred web browser using your smart device or PC.
- Visit the Roku account
- Enter your credentials.
- Press the purple “Sign in” button.
- Hover with your mouse over the “Welcome (your name)” tab at the top-right of the screen.
- Go to “Manage your subscriptions.” You’ll see a list of your subscriptions on the following page.
- Locate the “Starz” icon on the list.
- Click the “Unsubscribe” button to the right. This will cancel your subscription.
Unsubscribe with a Roku Device
Another easy way to cancel your Starz subscription is through your Roku streaming device or TV. Here’s what you should do:
- Launch your Roku player.
- Press the “Home” button on your Roku remote.
- Select the Channel Store menu.
- Go to “Streaming Channels.”
- Find the “Starz” icon on the channel list.
- Press the asterisk (*) icon on your remote. A new box should pop-up.
- Select “Manage subscription.”
- Select “Unsubscribe.”
- Confirm the cancelation when prompted.
This will cancel your Starz subscription and you can remove the Starz channel from the channel list.
What If You Aren’t Subscribed Through Roku?
If you can’t find the Starz icon on your Roku subscriptions list, or there’s no “Manage subscription” option, you haven’t subscribed through Roku. Instead, you’ve probably used a web browser.
When you subscribe to Starz from a web browser instead of a Roku device, you need to follow these steps to deactivate your subscription:
- Go to the Starz official website.
- Press the “Log In” button at the top of the page.
- Provide your credentials and log into your account.
- Click the “Subscriptions” menu under the “Account” section.
- Choose “Cancel Subscription.”
- Explain the reason for your cancelation.
- Choose “Continue Cancelation.”
If you’re taken to the page that confirms your cancelation, you have successfully unsubscribed from Starz.
Remove the Starz Channel from Roku
Even when you unsubscribe from Starz using any of the above methods, the channel icon will remain in the Roku player’s channel list. This is because your current subscription period may still be ongoing, so you can still watch the channel until it expires.
However, if you want to remove the channel completely, you should do the following:
- Launch your Roku player.
- Hit the “Home” button on your Roku remote.
- Go to the channel list on the right side of the screen using your Roku remote.
- Highlight the Starz channel icon.
- Press the asterisk (*) button on your remote.
- Select “Remove channel” to confirm the removal.
Note that you need to be unsubscribed from the channel to remove it. So if you’re still subscribed, first you’ll need to cancel your subscription using one of the above described methods.
When you’re finished binging your favorite shows on a certain channel, it would be good to remove it and replace it with another channel and service that caught your attention.
However, if you can’t cancel the subscription for some reason, you should contact the Starz support right away. You may not remember, but you could’ve subscribed to the channel through Amazon Prime or Google Play. The process is a bit different from these platforms.
Why do you want to cancel your Starz subscription? Pop a comment and share your views with the rest of the TechJunkie community.