When you need a fresh pair of sneakers or a hoodie, StockX is the resale broker to pay attention to. To start bidding for an item, you have to register for an account first, which is free.
The registration is quick and simple, and you can even use your Google, Facebook, Apple, or Twitter account to make it even faster.
But once you’re all set up, is there a way to change the email address associated with your StockX account? The answer is yes, and we’re going to show you how to do that.
Changing Your Email Address on StockX
One of the best things about the StockX website is that the UI is highly organized and easy to navigate. Whenever you need to change something within your account, you won’t have to dig too long to find where it is. Let’s see what the exact steps are you need to take to change your email address:
- Go to the StockX website and log in.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click on “My Account.”
- You’ll see your dashboard on the left side panel. Scroll down and select “Settings.”
- All of your details are here, including your name, username, shoe size, and email address. Click on “Edit” next to “Profile.”
- At the very bottom of the screen, you’ll see the “Contact Info” field. Your current address is displayed there. Replace it with the email address you want to use.
- Finally, click “Submit.”
That’s all you need to do. If the email address is in some way invalid, StockX will reject it. If it’s accepted, you’ll quickly receive a confirmation email that informs you of this change.
StockX Password Reset
Whichever email you end up using on StockX, it should always be one you’re going to be regularly checking. That’s because StockX might send out an email informing users to perform a password reset for security purposes.
This already happened once in 2019. StockX sent an email with very little information and requested users to change their passwords. This caused quite a stir because some people thought that this was a scam or the site had been hacked and their data compromised.
Fortunately, the email was legit, which was confirmed by the company on Twitter. If you haven’t checked your inbox, you would have found yourself signed out of StockX and have to update your password.
2-Step Verification System
To prove to users that the site takes their data and security seriously, StockX has implemented the now fairly widely used 2-factor verification.
It’s entirely optional, so if you’re happy with how things are, you don’t have to do it. But if you appreciate a little bit of extra security, this could ease your mind.
Essentially this means that apart from entering your email address and password, you’d need to enter your phone for a verification code, which StockX will send by text.
Of course, this means that you’ll need to provide a cellphone number too, which is something that’s otherwise unnecessary. To turn on 2-step verification, this is what you need to do:
- Sign in to your StockX account.
- On the left side panel, click on “Security.”
- You’ll see “Turn On” in bold white letters against the green background.
- Proceed to type in your country code and phone number and click “Continue.”
- StockX will send you a text with a 6-digit code that you’ll enter immediately.
- Finally, StockX will display a recovery code that you’re supposed to save. You can choose the “Copy Code” option to do that.
- Check the “I have safely recorded this number” box and click “Continue.”
Now your StockX account is safer than it was before. If you ever feel like the 2-step verification is unnecessary or that it’s just taking too much time, you can go back and select “Turn Off” and go back to the old way.
Always Check Your Email for StockX Messages
There are many reasons why you’d want to change your email associated with StockX. But whatever they are, make it an email that you can always access. That can save you a lot of hassle.
The good news is that updating any kind of personal or billing info on StockX is quite straightforward. And the new 2-step verification is something that’s not a bad idea, especially if you do a lot of buying and selling on StockX.
How difficult do you find it to change your email on StockX? Let us know in the comments below.