Amazon Fire TV Stick is a versatile streaming device that turns your TV into a multimedia platform. It provides access to thousands of movies, TV shows, apps, and games. With integrated support for many streaming platforms, Fire TV Stick lets you enjoy Amazon Video, HBO Now, Hulu, and, of course, Netflix.
Thanks to the worldwide popularity of Netflix, it’s now possible to watch movies and TV shows in languages other than English. Whether you want to see the Netflix interface in one of over 25 available languages, or simply switch audio or subtitles to any of the many supported languages, Fire TV Stick is able to deliver.
Change the Default Netflix Language
In order to change the default language for the Netflix interface, you’ll have to use a web browser.
- Open a web browser and login to Netflix.
- On the screen where you can select your profile, click “Manage Profiles”.
- Select the profile for which you want to change the language.
- Click the “Language” drop-down menu.
- Select the language you wish to use as a default for Netflix, and click “Save”.
- When you return to “Manage Profiles”, click “Done”.
- Now select the same profile for which you’ve just changed the language.
- Netflix will now appear in the language you’ve chosen in the Step 5.
It’s important to note that depending on the default language, as well as your location, Netflix will show relevant languages when you decide to change audio and subtitle languages.
Change the Language for Audio and Subtitles
To improve your viewing experience, you can use Fire TV Stick to change both audio and subtitles for a movie or a TV show you’re watching. You can do this in a few simple steps:
- Launch the Netflix app from your Fire TV Stick.
- Select the profile for which you’ve changed the default Netflix language.
- Choose a movie or a TV show you want to watch.
- During the playback, press the “Down” arrow on your Fire TV Stick remote control.
- Select the “Dialog” icon (the one that looks like a speech bubble) and confirm your selection.
- Choose your preferred language for audio and subtitles.
Depending on the title you’re trying to watch, audio and subtitle language options may vary. Also, please note that Netflix provides only up to seven relevant subtitle languages to choose from. That’s pretty convenient, since you certainly don’t want it to list all available languages. The majority of which aren’t relevant to you at all.
Customize the Look of Netflix Subtitles
Besides changing the subtitle language, you can also change the way they look. The customization options allow you to change subtitle font, size, color, and outline, as well as transparency of the subtitle’s background. To customize your subtitles, follow the steps below:
- Open Netflix in a web browser.
- Select your Netflix profile for which you want to change the look of subtitles.
- In the upper right corner of the main screen, click the arrow pointing down next to your profile picture.
- Go to “Account”.
- In the “My Profile” section, choose “Subtitle appearance”.
- In the next screen, you’re able to change the way the subtitles look. You can check the result in the window above the options. The following parameters are available for customization:
- Font style
- Font color
- Text size
- Shadow type
- Shadow color
- Background color
- Window color
- Once you’re satisfied how your subtitles look, click the “Save” button.
The next time you launch Netflix on your Fire TV Stick, you’ll see your customized subtitles appear when watching a movie or a TV show.
Enjoying Netflix with Firestick
Thanks to the seamless integration with Netflix, Fire TV Stick provides the same level of functionality as on any other device. Changing languages for each of your personal Netflix profiles is definitely a convenient feature that lets you enjoy streaming on your own terms.
Do you find this advice useful? Have you managed to choose your preferred language for Netflix? Please share your experiences in the comments section below.