How To Change Location on POF
Millions of people use the popular dating app Plenty of Fish to find potential matches in their area. Some of them inevitably move. If you have moved to a new city or a new country and want to keep using the app, you should change your profile’s location settings. If you’re wondering how to do it, this article will show you.
What Is POF?
POF (short for Plenty of Fish) is an online dating service founded in 2003. Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, it is available to users from selected countries around the world. The service is free to use, though it also offers premium membership. Since 2015, POF is a member of The Match Group which also owns OKCupid, Match.com, and Tinder.
Plenty of Fish currently has around 90 million users and creates revenue through ads and premium memberships. It is mostly popular in Canada, followed by other English speaking countries. The service is also popular in Brazil, Spain, France, Denmark, Sweden, Mexico, Italy, and Germany. POF offers its services in nine languages. Mobile apps for Android, iPhone, and Windows Phone platforms are also available.
The service focuses on meaningful relationships and uses several tools to profile its users and find them proper matches.
- The first one is the Psychological Assessment tool, which claims to tell users what they really want versus what they say they want.
- The Relationship Chemistry Predictor (POFCP) measures self-confidence, family orientation, self-control, social dependency/openness, and easygoingness to determine the potential level of chemistry between two users.
- POF uses the Relationship Needs Assessment tool to determine what the user really needs in a relationship. This tool also provides users with customized tips, action plans, and strategies.
- The Keeper tool allows users to check their compatibility with other users.
Why Change Location?
If you have moved to a new location on a permanent basis or are taking an extended trip, it would be a good idea to also update the location on your Plenty of Fish profile. This is important because POF uses your location when matching you with other people. Your ZIP code or postal code, depending on where you are, is the primary piece of your location information that the site uses.
If you are moving or traveling abroad, it might happen that POF isn’t available in the country you’re traveling or moving to. If this is the case, you won’t be able to change your location and you won’t be able to find local matches.
How to Change Your City, State, and ZIP Code
Changing your location on POF is quite easy and simple. Just follow the steps below.
- Log in to your Plenty of Fish account. If you’re using a desktop or laptop computer, open the browser, navigate to POF’s site, and enter your username/email and password. If you’re on a cell phone or tablet (Android, iOS, Windows), open the POF app and enter your username/email and password.
- Once you log in, the app/site will take you to the home page. Click/tap (depending on the platform you are using) on the “Edit Profile” button in the upper right corner.
- On the “Edit Profile” page, under the “Basics” section, you will see an overview of your basic profile info. If you’re on desktop/laptop, the location info should be in the top right corner. If you’re on a mobile device, scroll down until you reach the location info section. There, you should see the “City”, “State”, and “ZIP code” tabs, in that order. Make the changes you want.
- Click/Tap “Update Profile”.
How to Change Country
In addition to your city, ZIP code, and state, you can also change your country. The procedure is largely the same as the previous one, though a bit longer.
- Log in to your POF account using your preferred device.
- On the “Home Page” click/tap the “Edit Profile” button.
- Change the city, state (if the country you’re in has states or provinces), and ZIP code (postal code if you’re in Canada and other countries).
- Scroll down to the bottom of the “Edit Profile” page.
- Choose the country you are/will be in.
- Click/tap “Update Profile”.
Beware that POF profiles are not updated automatically and if you don’t click/tap the “Update Profile” button, your location info will not change.
If you have moved to another city, state, or even country, it is important to update your POF profile’s location. To do it, just follow the steps provided in this article. This will inform the app that you have moved and it will then match you with potential partners in your new area.