How To See Who Viewed Your Instagram Highlights
Back in August 2016, a game-changing feature swept Instagram – Stories were launched. Instagram was never the same again, and neither was the world of social apps as the story format soon appeared on other platforms, including WhatsApp, YouTube, and the mighty Facebook.
As users grew more and more accustomed to the new type of posts, Instagram started experimenting with the format. New features were regularly added and highlights were among them. Let’s take a closer look at highlights, what they are, how to make them, what to use them for, and how to see who’s seen them.
In a nutshell, a highlight is a piece of your story you decided to keep after its default 24-hour lifespan expired. Once created, highlights are visible on your profile until you’ve deleted them. That is possible because Instagram archives all your stories. However, you will have to have the “Save to Archive” feature enabled on your profile if you want to use highlights.
You can create an unlimited number of highlights and have them on your profile simultaneously.
What Can You Use Highlights For?
You can use your highlights to boast your best or most popular stories from the past. If you’re doing business through Instagram, you can also use them to advertise your products and services, display important info you want to be available to your customers, or boast about your company’s successes.
Once you create a highlight, it inherits the view count of the story it was created from. Have in mind that highlights don’t have a view counter of their own. This means that any new views after the highlight has been created will only be added to the total count. You can see who saw your highlight in the “Seen by” section.
Another interesting thing about highlight views is that only the first view from each profile is registered. This means that there’s no way for you to know whether someone saw the highlight once, twice, or ten times. Accordingly, you won’t get a new notification for a new view from the same profile.
You can access the list of people who saw your highlights whenever you want. However, story lists are deleted once their 24-hour lifespan ends.
How to Check Who Saw Your Highlights?
Here’s how to see the list of Instagram users who saw your highlights:
- Tap on the Instagram icon to launch the app.
- When the app opens, go to your profile.
- Once on the profile, tap the icon of a highlight you’ve previously created.
- You will see the first photo or video of the highlight. Tap on the “Seen by” button in the bottom-left corner of the screen to access the list of people who saw your highlight.
If you’ve created a highlight from a story that you’ve hidden from someone, they won’t be able to see your highlight. You can always change the privacy settings of your posts in the Settings menu.
How to Enable the Archive Feature
To be able to make highlights, you will have to enable the “Save to Archive” feature in the Settings menu. To do so, follow these steps:
- Tap the Instagram icon to launch the app.
- Navigate to your profile by tapping the “Profile” icon in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- Next, tap the Main menu icon, the one with three horizontal lines in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- The menu will slide in from the right side of the screen. Tap on the “Settings” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, tap on the “Privacy and security” tab.
- After that, tap the “Story controls” tab.
- Scroll down to the “Saving” portion of the Story controls page. Tap the slide next to the “Save to archive” option if it is grey. If it is blue, it means that the option has already been enabled.
How to Create a Highlight?
Finally, let’s see how a highlight is made.
- Tap the Instagram icon to launch the app.
- Go to your profile.
- Next, tap the “New” button with a “+” sign in it. It’s right below your bio.
- Instagram will show you the archive of your stories. Choose the ones you want to add by tapping on them.
- Once you’re done, tap “Next”.
- Name your new highlight.
- Tap the cover thumbnail.
- Select the photo you want for the cover by tapping on its thumbnail.
- Once you’re done panning and zooming, tap “Done”.
- Tap “Done” once more.
End of Transmission
Highlights represent a great way to save your favorite stories and share them permanently with your followers. Those with developed Instagram businesses may use them to promote their products and company. With the help of this article, you’ll be able to measure your highlights’ popularity and see how your followers respond to different types of content you post.