Chromecast has established itself as one of the best streaming devices on the market, as it helps users seamlessly cast content from one device to another. It makes your TV a smart device by connecting it with other devices and various streaming platforms.
In this article, we’ll answer the question of whether Chromecast can stream Xfinity, as well as what else you can stream on this small, yet powerful Google device.
Can Chromecast Stream Xfinity?
- Can Chromecast Stream Xfinity? 
- Stream from Xfinity Stream Portal 
- Stream from Xfinity Stream App 
- Casting to Your TV with Chromecast 
- Benefits of Using Chromecast-Enabled Site 
- How to Know Which Websites Are Chromecast Enabled 
- Alternatives for Xfinity on Chromecast 
- Cast Away 
Yes, you can stream content to Chromecast device from the Xfinity Stream portal and Xfinity Stream app. After updating the Xfinity Stream app, you can easily cast your favorite movies and TV shows to any Chromecast device without any interference.
Stream from Xfinity Stream Portal
Here’s how you can stream Xfinity to Chromecast through Stream Portal:
- Log in to the Xfinity Stream portal with ID and password.
- Connect to your Chromecast device by clicking the “Casting” button.
- When you’re connected, the button will become solid white.
- Click the “Casting” button and choose the Chromecast device to which you’d like to cast the program.
Stream from Xfinity Stream App
If you want to connect your Chromecast with the Xfinity Stream app, this is how to do it:
- Open the Xfinity Stream app on your device and sign in.
- Go to “Settings” and find the “Stream” option and tap the toggle to turn it on.
- Tap the “Cast” icon on the upper section of the app. You’ll see all the available devices connected to Chromecast that are ready for casting.
- Tap on a device to cast. Once you started casting, the “Cast” icon will turn solid white.
- Select a program to cast via Chromecast.
Casting to Your TV with Chromecast
Watching your media on a large TV screen is a fantastic way to enjoy your favorite streaming apps. All you need is a phone or tablet with the Google Home app installed – which also allows you to control Chromecast – and you’re ready to go.
Before you start casting, make sure your devices are all on the same Wi-Fi network and your Google Home app is the latest version. If everything is in order, here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Google Home app and tap the “Cast” button.
- Tap on the device to which you’d like to cast the content.
- When your “Cast” icon is connected, it will change color.
- When you decide to stop casting, tap the “Cast” button and then tap “Disconnect.”
Benefits of Using Chromecast-Enabled Site
Casting to your TV is a great way to use mobile streaming apps on a bigger screen than the one on your phone or tablet. To use any app within the Google Home app system, you need to make sure that it’s cast enabled, as that’s the only way it will work properly. Websites that are Chromecast enabled offer benefits such as:
Chromecast enabled sites generally serve high-quality content that looks great when it’s on TV screens. The sound quality is often 5.1 surround sound, which you can fully appreciate when using a surround sound system.
Improved Battery Life
Websites that are cast enabled play directly on the Chromecast and have no real negative affect on your device’s battery.
How to Know Which Websites Are Chromecast Enabled
Currently, many websites that display video are cast enabled, and new ones add that feature every week. The easiest way to know whether the website is cast enabled is to look for the cast icon next to the video player.
Alternatives for Xfinity on Chromecast
If you want more apps or options for video streaming, here are some others for you to consider:
Give this app a go with a Hulu free trial, and you’ll immediately get access to tons of free entertainment content. Hulu’s platform gives you access to many network programs and movies.
One of the biggest online streaming platforms offers you lots of great movies and TV shows. Try it out and see whether it works for you and your family.
YouTube has decided to get into the streaming game by offering content from great networks like ABC, Fox, NBC, Comedy Central, and many more.
Pluto TV gives you access to a big library of more than 100 live-streaming TV channels and thousands of hours of shows and movies. The best part is that you can watch all of that for free.
Take a chance with Prime Video to enjoy network and original series and more than 90,000 movies streamed directly to your devices. With Amazon Prime, you’ll have exclusive access to even more Amazon Originals as well as popular TV shows.
HBO Max has one of the finest series and movie selections, with exclusive access to your favorite HBO content whenever you want.
Google launched its first Chromecast in 2013, and is now in its fourth generations of devices. They are getting faster, have a stronger connection, and support HD content.
Now that you know how Chromecast can stream Xfinity and how to make it work, you’ll enjoy your Chromecast device even more. What are your favorite video streaming platforms? Which one do you use on Chromecast most?
Let us know in the comments section below.