All of the major players in the console market have released Fortnite editions of their systems. These special editions contain a bundle of Fortnite goodies that you can’t get any other way, making them collector’s items as well as cosmetic upgrades. Nintendo released its bundle in 2018 with the Switch console.
If you’ve purchased this Switch bundle, you can redeem your skin on any platform. Below you’ll find instructions on how to claim the Nintendo Switch Fortnite skin, as well as any other skins and bundles that are tied to a code. If you are on the fence about the value, we’ll also be covering the particulars of this bundle.
How to Redeem Codes for Fortnite
Fortnite codes can be redeemed on any platform that you play Fortnite on. The process is slightly different for every system so they’ll be covered separately. With your Switch special edition purchase, you will receive a code to claim your rewards.
First, we’ll cover how to redeem that code on a PC through the Epic Games store.
- Navigate to the Epic Games store on any browser.
- Sign in to your Epic Games account where you want to receive the bundle. Once you redeem the code, it will be permanently tied to the account that is signed in, so make sure you’re using the right one.
- In the top-right corner, hover over your account name to reveal a menu. In that menu, find and click on the “Redeem code” option.
- In the code redemption site, click anywhere in the number field and enter your code exactly as it appears on the card you received with the switch, then click “Redeem.”
The next time you launch Fortnite, your bundle should be available in your cosmetics. If it doesn’t show up immediately, give it a few minutes. Use the following steps for redeeming your bundle on the Switch itself:
- On the Home menu of the Switch, select the Nintendo eShop.
- Choose the account you want to have the bundle on.
- On the left side of the screen, you will see the “Enter Code” Select it to reveal a field to input your code.
- Enter your code in the field.
- Once you’re done, select “Send” and the game will automatically start downloading on your switch. When you log in to the game, you will have access to the bundle.
Claiming Your Skin on Xbox and PS4
The Xbox One and PS4 both have their own stores, so you will enter your code through them. For the Xbox One, follow these steps:
- The Xbox Home menu will give you access to the Microsoft Store.
- Once you’re in the store, look for the option to “Use a Code.”
- Enter your code in the field that appears and then select the “Next” option. You may be asked to sign in, if you haven’t already, before you can enter the code.
The Xbox One has the most straightforward code redemption process, and your bundle should be available as soon as the code is sent. There are a few more steps for claiming the skin on a PS4 but it’s not at all difficult.
- Access the Playstation Store from the home menu.
- On the left of your screen, find and select the option labeled “Redeem Codes.”
- Input your code in the field and press “X” to continue.
- Next, you’ll see what you are about to redeem with the code. In this case, it will be the Fortnite Switch bundle. Select “Confirm” and press X to continue.
- You’ll be notified that the code has been redeemed. Select OK and you should immediately have access to your code.
That covers the ways in which you can claim your skin from any platform that supports Fortnite. If you still haven’t gotten the special edition Switch, you’ll find details about the bundle below to help you decide if it’s worth it.
Is the Bundle Worth it?
First, if you’re in the market for a Switch already, this bundle is definitely worth getting. The special edition Switch costs the same as a regular Switch and you’ll basically be receiving free loot. Even if you don’t play Fortnite, the bundle code can make a nice gift for a friend. You can also use it for a giveaway if you’re a streamer.
The bundle essentially consists of some recolors rather than new items. The most salient part of the bundle is the Double Helix skin. This is, again, just a recolored skin and it’s not the most original skin in the game but it is exclusive to the bundle, so it will be appealing to all you collectors out there.
The bundle also comes with a red/white recolored Rotor Glider, Telemetry Back Bling, and the Pinpoint Pickaxe. All of them follow the same color scheme and make nice additions to any player’s cosmetics pack. Finally, the bundle includes 1000 V-bucks, which costs $9.99 in the Fortnite store.
All in all, the bundle works out to about $45, which means it’s not really worth it if you already have a Switch.
Your Collection Is That Much Closer to Completion
Unfortunately, if you want access to this bundle, the only way to get it is by buying a Nintendo Switch. You can redeem your bundle code in any way you choose but the easiest and fastest way is probably to do it through the Epic Games store on your computer. Just log in to your account and look for the option to redeem codes on the store website. Now that you know what to do, get out there and rock that skin!
Do you think it’s worth getting the Switch just for the Fortnite bundle? Do you think there’s something strange about bundling content for free-to-play games with consoles? Let us know what you think in the comments below.