To secure the private data on your Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus, it is necessary that you avoid public networks because they do not offer sufficient security. Virtual Private Networks are the best alternative to public networks. Although this process sounds technical, we have provided you with a guide that should make it easier for you to carry out this process.
You may think this post is not important to you but if you ever have to open work emails from your smartphone, then you will need all the security you can find to protect such information which in most cases is highly sensitive. This is the point where you will have no option but to resort to VPN connection.
Most learning is done out of curiosity and it is for this reason that you can consider this as a simple guide of what you should do in case of a cyber-security emergency. It is always not advisable to wait until the last minute to be start looking for solutions because now the problem has hit you. You will remember we mentioned that this process is not very complex but some of the things you will need with you is a tweak to a cellular data network and Wi-Fi network connections.
- To locate the VPN menu, go to the general settings on your smartphone and click on More.
- From more, choose the Wireless and Networks
- Click on it and then tap Ok if you receive any lock screen notification to do so.
- You will see two options; Advanced IPsec VPN and Basic VPN, select one of these options
- Now click on Add VPN which can be seen in the upper-right corner of your screen
- Enter a desired name for the VPN
- Then enter the information and credentials for the server. This information will be provided to you by the VPN administrator.
- Open the dropdown menu which is from the Type Field dialogue box and choose one from VPNs listed below
- L2TP/IPSec PSK
- L2TP/IPsec RSA
- IPSec Xauth PSK
- IPSec Xauth RSA
- IPSec Hybrid RSA
- IPSec IKEv2 PSK
- IPSec IKEv2 RSA
- Fill the details for all remaining fields.
- Click on Show Advanced options if this option is active then configure the remaining options right away. These options will depend on the VPN you chose in the first place. You may also have to enter the server address, DNS servers, DNS search domains as well as the forwarding routes.
- Once done, click on Save.
This are the simple steps you are only required to complete in order to configure a VPN connection on your Samsung Galaxy S8 and the S8 Plus smartphone. Follow these steps to the later and you should be able to get the correct server credentials from the VPN administrator.