Converting a VOB file to MP4 is your only option if you’d like to enjoy your favorite DVDs on your phone. Both Android and iOS devices support this versatile format. You can convert the file online or through a desktop app. In this article, we’ll take a look at the best online and desktop options.
If you’re looking for a fast, one-time solution and are reluctant to download and install programs on your computer, you can convert your VOB file online. Most of the sites are free to use, though some require registration. Have in mind that conversion sites usually have file size limitations. Let’s examine the best conversion sites.
Online Video Converter is a popular online format converter. You can use it to convert a huge range of video and audio files. It is safe, reliable, and free. Here’s how to convert your VOB files into MP4 using Online Video Converter:
- Open your browser and navigate to Online Converter’s home page.
- Select “MP4” from the dropdown menu in the “Video Converter” section. This will take you to the “Convert video to MP4” section of the site.
- Set the parameters in the “Optional settings” section to your preference. You can set the size of the output file, screen size, bitrate, audio quality, video codec, and more. If you want to save your settings for future conversions, you will have to log in.
- Enter the URL of the video you want to convert or browse your computer for the VOB file. Alternatively, you can convert a file from Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Click the “Start conversion” button.
- Once the conversion is over, Online Converter will redirect you to the page from which you can download the newly created MP4 video.
Just like Online Converter, Zamzar is a free online conversion site. You can also use this site to manage files, though you’d have to be logged in for that. Let’s see how to convert a VOB file to MP4 using Zamzar.
- Launch your browser and go to Zamzar’s home page.
- Scroll down and click the “VOB Converter” link in the “Popular Types of Conversions Supported” section.
- You will then see the VOB to MP4 page. Click the “Choose Files” button in the “Step 1” section and browse for the file you’d like to convert.
- Next, you can choose from one of many output formats. MP4 is selected by default.
- Optionally, you can tick the box labeled “email when done” to receive the email with the download link when the conversion is done.
- Click on the “Convert” button in the “Step 3” section.
If you’ve got a large VOB file to convert or you want more options, desktop apps are the way to go. In this section, we’ll examine the best desktop apps to convert a VOB file into MP4.
Handbrake is a free desktop tool that supports countless video formats, including VOB and MP4. It is important to note that Handbrake is available for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. It can convert files one by one and in batches. To convert a VOB file into MP4 using Handbrake, do the following:
- Download and install Handbrake on your computer.
- Once the setup finishes, insert a DVD disk into your computer’s DVD-ROM. If the file is located on your hard drive, skip to the next step.
- Launch Handbrake.
- Click the DVD icon below the “File” section of the Main Menu. Alternatively, you can click the “Open Source” button in the top-left corner and search for the VOB file that way.
- If you clicked the DVD icon, you will get to choose between batch (folder) conversion and single file conversion. Choose “File”. Find the VOB file you’d like to convert.
- Next, you will see the screen with output settings. Tailor them to your preference.
- When you’re done, click the “Browse” button and pick the destination folder. Don’t forget to name the output file.
- Click “Start Encode” to begin the conversion.
Freemake Video Converter
Freemake Video Converter is a free conversion tool that supports more than 500 file types. It is simple and easy to use. Here’s how to convert a VOB file to MP4 with Freemake Video Converter:
- Download and install Freemake Video Converter on your computer.
- Launch the app.
- Click “File”.
- Browse for the VOB file. If it is in the “Video_TS” folder, you should add it through the “+DVD” option.
- Next, pick the “to MP4” option.
- After that, adjust the output file settings.
- When you’re done, select the output destination and name the output file.
- Click “Convert”.
If you want to convert a small file, you should go with online converters as they’re fast and smooth. If the file you want to convert is large, desktop apps are your best bet. Pick the option that suits you best and enjoy your MP4 files on all your devices.