Waze is a GPS navigation mobile app that features community-driven development. It’s another navigation app that Google bought, but it works a bit differently.
Here, users submit travel times, location details, etc. Therefore, it’s a bit more dynamic than Google Maps. On the other hand, some of its features are still a bit confusing, specifically navigation history.
If you have trouble deleting addresses from this app, don’t worry. We’ll look into it in this article.
Delete Navigation History
If you previously tried to remove addresses from history, you may have stumbled upon a roadblock. The truth is, there’s no “Remove” option for addresses in the history log.
Instead, you can only delete addresses from the recent search history. Here’s how you may do this:
- Tap the “Search” button (magnifying glass) on the bottom-left of the screen.
- Scroll down to the history of previous addresses.
Note: Do not tap the “History” button in this menu. It will only display your previous rides, but you won’t be able to remove them. Just scroll past it, and the recent addresses should appear below all the options.
- Select the three dots button (horizontal for iOS and vertical for Android).
- Tap the “Remove” (trash can icon).
That will permanently delete your address from Waze.
Delete Addresses from Favorites
In certain situations, you may have accidentally (or intentionally) saved an address to favorites.
If you have, you won’t be able to delete it with the method mentioned above. Instead, you’ll need to remove it from the “Favorites” section, too.
The process is relatively easy. Just follow these steps:
- Tap the “Search” button.
- Select the “Favorites” menu.
- Tap the “More” icon (three dots) next to the address that you want to remove.
- Select the “Remove” (trash can) button.
This option will permanently delete the address from the favorites. But keep in mind that if the same address is still in your history, you’ll have to delete it one more time.
Just follow the method from the previous section, and the address will disappear from your phone completely.
How Do I Add Address to Favorites?
If you’ve accidentally added an address to favorites, you may want to find out how to do it on purpose.
Adding an address to favorites can help the app remember certain places that you visit often. This way, you can save some valuable time that you would otherwise spend typing and searching addresses.
Here’s how to do this:
- Tap the “Search” button (magnifying glass).
- Go to the “Favorites” (star icon) on the menu.
- Select “Add New Favorite.”
- Type the destination that you want in the search bar.
- Find your desired address from those on the list.
- Give a name to your Favorite (e.g. “best pizza” or “where to take my guests for a drink”).
- Select “Done.”
That’s it. You now know how to add your favorite as well as how to delete it.
Check Your History from Time to Time
Waze is a powerful app allowing you to navigate both familiar and unfamiliar territories easily. Thanks to the bunch of amazing features, you can completely rely on it, even up to the point where you don’t even need to remember any destinations on your own.
But this app can be tricky from time to time. It remembers the places you’ve been and saves them for your future endeavors. You may want to check the app from time to time to see the locations that you’ve visited. Sometimes you may want to cover your tracks.
Would you delete addresses from Waze often? Why? Leave a comment and let us know.