How To Delete and Remove All Friends on PS4
Online multiplayer games have gained a ton of popularity over the years. Teaming up with players from around the globe has become one of the main ways to socialize online. You don’t have to know these people personally to share the fun of playing games together.
If you have a PS4, there’s a high chance that you’re a part of at least one community. Unless you’re a single-player type of person, you might accumulate quite a lot of friends with time.
But what happens when the friendship is over? What if you don’t want to see these people anymore?
Well, the good news is that you can remove friends in an easy way. The bad news, however, is that you can’t mass delete them. PlayStation doesn’t offer this feature, and there are no third-party apps that would help you do this.
Thankfully, there are a few ways that will do the job somewhat properly. Keep reading to see all the available options.
Removing Users from Your Account Manually
- Removing Users from Your Account Manually
- Log into your PlayStation Network account.
- Within the main screen, use the d-pad to navigate to the Function menu, then go to Friends.
- You’ll see the entire list of your friends. Scroll through them until you find one that you want to remove.
- When you press right on the d-pad, you’ll see your friend’s profile page. Since there’s no delete option on the screen, press the Options button on your controller. This will bring up a side menu where you’ll see an option to remove the person from your friends list.
- Deleting Your Account
- Use the left joystick to open the options menu by pushing it up. Navigate to the right until you see a toolbox icon marked Settings.
- From the Setting menu, go to Login Settings and then User Management.
- Select Delete User, then confirm account deletion when the pop-up window shows up. By doing this, you’ll remove all data associated with your account, including your friends. You’ll have a new account that is completely empty.
- Performing a Factory Reset
- From the Settings menu, go to Initialization and select Initialize.
- You’ll get to choose between Quick and Full Select Full to perform a factory reset.
- The Final Word
This is the only way to directly remove people from your friends list without affecting any other data. Since the option isn’t as obvious as some users would want it to be, it might be hard to find at first. Here’s what to do:
Log into your PlayStation Network account.
Once you do this, you won’t see the person’s updates anymore, nor will they be able to see yours. Depending on the reason for removing them, there are other options that you can use. If the person is harassing you, you can report them and potentially get their profile suspended. Or, if you don’t want to bother with this, you can simply block them. You can find all of these options in the same menu as the delete option.
Unfortunately, there’s no other way to remove friends without losing other data. If you want to mass delete them, you’ll have to sacrifice your entire account. If you want to start fresh, let’s take a look at the options at your disposal.
Deleting Your Account
If you have multiple accounts and you want to delete one of them, you can do it from your primary account. If you only have one, PlayStation won’t let you delete it unless you create a new account and set it as the primary.
Once you’ve logged into your primary account, follow these steps to delete the one where you want to remove all friends and data:
Performing a Factory Reset
This is a more convenient solution for starting fresh. It allows you to delete all data from your PS4, without the need to create different accounts. Here’s how to do it:
You’ll get to choose between Quick and Full Select Full to perform a factory reset.
Keep in mind that this will take quite a long time, possibly hours. It’s extremely important that you don’t turn off your console until the progress bar is full and the initialization is complete, as this may cause severe software issues. Once the process is complete, turn on your PS4 and create a new account from scratch.
The Final Word
As you can see, the only way to delete all PS4 friends is to delete all other data as well. If this is not something you want to do, you’ll have to delete each friend manually.
Still, if you want to wipe the slate clean, then deleting your account or performing a factory reset is the way to go.