How To Delete All Your Twitter Likes
Pretty much everyone has wished to delete an old Twitter like at one point or another, mainly due to a change of opinion or a change of heart. It’s quick and easy to do and many have done it.
But what if someone wants to delete them all? If you are sure that you want to delete all your Twitter likes, read on. This article will show you how to do it.
One by One
The first method is the simplest one, deleting your likes manually through the app itself. This is a time-consuming, tedious activity. It will require you to go through your likes one by one and undo/unlike them one at a time. If you’ve been using Twitter for a short period of time or you just have a handful of likes to get rid of, this method might work well. Here’s how to do it:
- Log in to Twitter.
- Open the “Likes” section.
- Browse the tweets.
- Click “Undo Like” next to all the likes that you want removed.
However, this method is more than inefficient if you have a large number of likes to get rid of. By default, the Likes page can track only the last 3,000 likes, with the older ones remaining out of touch. Luckily, there are faster and more efficient methods out there.
Through Browser Console
If you’d like to delete a large number of likes, you can do it through your web browser’s console. You will need some basic knowledge of how the console works, a web browser, and a Twitter account. However, you should note that this method works best on Google Chrome. If you’re using another browser, it might not work. Here’s the step-by-step guide:
- First, launch Chrome.
- Then, log into your Twitter account.
- Navigate to the “Likes” section.
- Once you’re on the “Likes” page, hit F12. This command will open Chrome’s debug console.
- Next, click on “Console” to open the tab.
- Copy this script $(‘.ProfileTweet-actionButtonUndo.ProfileTweet-action–unfavorite’).click(); into the “Console” field, next to the blue arrow.
- Hit “Enter” and run it.
- Check the results.
- Repeat the process as many times as needed.
While certainly far more efficient than the previous method, deleting likes through the console does have its limitations. You’ll only be able to erase some 3,000 likes this way, as that’s how many likes your Likes page contains. If you have more than 3,000 likes to delete, you will need a better, more powerful solution.
Twitter Archive Eraser
The next method involves third-party apps designed for managing and deleting tweets, likes, and favorites. Twitter Archive Eraser is one of the free options. It allows you to bulk-delete likes and is easy and simple to use. Here’s how it works.
- Go to the app’s official download page and download it.
- Double-click on the installation file and follow the instructions.
- Once the installation is complete, open the app.
- You will see two check boxes. Tick the first one, but not the other one.
- Click the “Sign In” button.
- Next, type in your user name and password.
- Click “Authorize app”.
- You will then get a PIN code. You should paste it into the app.
- After that, the app will show you the selection screen. Choose “Delete Favorites”.
- The app will show you the likes count, as well as the query limitation, on top of the page.
- Click “Start” to gather the likes.
- When the process is done, click “Next”.
- The app will show you the likes it gathered. All likes are selected by default, though the application does permit filtering.
- When you’re ready, click “Erase selected tweets”.
- Click “OK” to confirm.
- Once the process ends, the application will display a “success” notification.
You should, however, bear in mind that this application has its limits. They depend, of course, on the pricing program you choose.
For example, with the free version, you will only be able to delete up to 1,000 likes. Also, you won’t be able to delete likes older than 2 years. The Basic package will let you delete 3,000 likes, no older than 4 years. The Advanced option will allow you to delete 10,000 likes, no older than 4 years. If you have super-old likes you want to delete, the Premium version lets you delete an unlimited number of likes and can track likes older than 9 years.
It can be very reassuring to know that you can have this kind of control over your activity. Now that you know how to do it, you can delete your Twitter likes in a matter of minutes.