How to Delete DoorDash Credit Card
The DoorDash app is very sleek, but some of its features might seem hidden away. One of the prominent questions regarding the app is our title question.
Adding and deleting a credit card on the DoorDash Android or iOS apps isn’t difficult, but the option is tucked away. The same goes for the DoorDash website. All the needed instructions on the topic await you in the following sections. Plus, we have tips on how to cancel Dash Pass and delete the DoorDash account.
How to Delete DoorDash CC on the App
Deleting a DoorDash credit card on the mobile app is quite straightforward. When you are ready, follow the steps below:
- Start the DoorDash app on your tablet or phone.
- Select the Account page from the Home screen.
- Then choose Payment Cards.
- Next, swipe left on your CC and press Delete.
- If you want to add a different card, press Add a Card in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Provide the new CC info and select Use Card to switch to your new card.
You can also have multiple credit cards saved on this page. Simply tapping on one of them will select that card as your default choice.
How to Delete DoorDash CC on the Website
If you want to delete a DoorDash credit card from the website, note that the steps are much different. Follow the instructions:
- Open the DoorDash Checkout page for consumers in any browser.
- Under the Payments tab, select Change.
- Select the X button adjacent to your credit card info.
- If you wish to add another card, press Add a New Card on the same page.
- Type in the new credit card info, select this card, and press Use Card.
- Your new card will be your default payment choice. You don’t have to add a different card if you want to stop using DoorDash for the moment.
However, if you’re sure you won’t use DoorDash again, you can go a step further and delete your DD account.
How to Delete Your DD Account
You can’t delete your DoorDash account just like that. You need to submit a request, and DoorDash will deactivate your account. The best way to do that is by contacting official DoorDash support via email:
- Send an email addressed to [email protected].
- In the Subject field, type “Deactivate my account” or similar.
- Enter your account information – your user name.
- Optionally you can add a reason for deactivating your account. Send the email and wait for a response.
DoorDash support typically replies within several days. Most likely, they will approve your request and deactivate your account.
Cancel DoorDash Premium Plan
Maybe deactivating your DoorDash account feels too drastic. If you only want to cancel your DashPass plan, you can do that instead. Here is how:
- Sign in to your DoorDash account on the site or the mobile app.
- Click on the DashPass menu.
- Then, click the Hamburger menu.
- Next, choose Manage DashPass.
- Finally, select End Subscription.
You’ll see information about your DashPass in the mentioned menu, so you can decide when to cancel the subscription.
Credit Card Removed
Hopefully, this article helped you remove a credit card from your DoorDash account. Besides removing your credit card info from DoorDash, we covered some related issues.
Did you decide to stop using DoorDash, or you just wanted to add a new payment option? What about deactivating your account? Is it a step too far, or you went through with it? Let us know in the comments section below, and feel free to share your opinion on the matter.