How to Delete Recently Viewed History from the Wish App
The Wish app has turned into a hugely popular online shopping destination. There are millions of items to purchase, from headphones and smartwatches to baby clothes and craft supplies.
Your Recently Viewed history contains all the products you checked out within the Wish app. In turn, your browsing page typically displays products based on this data. But what can do if you want to change it? Can you remove items from Recently Viewed history? Let’s find out.
Can You Delete Recently Viewed History on Wish?
We wish we could say you were in luck, but unfortunately, that’s not the case. The Wish app doesn’t allow you to clear your recently viewed history. You can’t delete your recent searches, either. Plenty of apps have a simple button that you can click or tap to remove your search and view history. But Wish prefers to keep this to enhance your browsing experience by offering similar items.
There’s an unconventional way to get around this, as only 15 products can appear in these lists. If you simply search for, or open, 15 other products, you can easily customize your browsing page. The first 15 products will be replaced with the new ones, and further suggestions will be based on these new items.
According to the official website, Wish doesn’t have the option of hiding the unwanted products from your feed, either. However, you can report any items you consider offensive in any way.
Can You Delete Items from Your Cart?
What happens if you accidentally place one of the viewed items in your cart? You can easily remove them. You can even cancel an order made by accident, but only under specific circumstances. Here’s what to do in these cases.
How to Remove a Product from Your Cart
If you change your mind about an item, or put it in your cart by accident, here’s how to remove it. If you’re using a mobile device, do the following:
- Open your cart and select the desired item.
- Select the Quantity button.
- From the pop-up window, choose 0.
- You’ll need to confirm you want to delete the selected item from your cart – tap on Remove item.
- Select Continue Shopping if you want to look for more products.
If you’re shopping from your desktop computer, follow these instructions:
- Click on your cart to open it and find the Items in the Cart section.
- Select Remove, and a pop-up window will appear.
- In this window, choose Yes to confirm.
- Click on Continue Shopping to shop for more products.
How to Cancel Your Order
Be aware that you can’t cancel just any order. If your package has already been shipped, it’s too late to cancel. You’ll be charged for the products.
However, if it’s been less than eight hours after you’ve placed the order, you can cancel it. What you need to do is open your Order History and select Customer Support. You’ll receive help from a Wish assistant. Once you cancel your order this way, you won’t receive the items, and you won’t be charged.
How to Delete Items from Your Wishlist
Another thing you can delete is a product you’ve put on your wish list. Here’s how to do it from a mobile device:
- When you open the Wish app on your phone, go to the main menu and choose View Profile.
- Select the desired wish list and find a pencil icon or the Edit option, depending on your device.
- Select the products you’d like to remove and tap on Delete/Remove.
- If you’re asked to confirm, tap on Yes.
From your desktop computer, do the following:
- Open your Wish account and navigate to your profile name.
- From the menu that will appear, choose Wishlist.
- Select the list you want to edit.
- Choose the Edit option and select the desired items from the list.
- Click on Remove and then Yes to confirm your choice.
- Click on Done to complete the action.
Careful What You Wish for
Wish doesn’t offer a way to delete your search and view history.
You may be a bit suspicious about your privacy, but this data could be beneficial as you’ll only be shown items of interest. On the other hand, you probably won’t be eager to share your profile if you don’t want someone else to see what products you looked at.
Make sure you log out if you’ve just ordered a birthday gift for your partner!
Are you seeing something you don’t like on your browsing page? Have you ever had issues with the Recently Viewed history tab? Share your experiences in the comments section below.