How To Invite Someone to a Server in Discord
Instant invites are a great way to give your friends access to your Discord server so long as they have the link available. Not only do instant invites make it easy to invite your friends, but they also allow you to set different parameters to control who can access your server and when and for how long they can access it. In this guide, we’ll go over how to create and customize an instant invite on Discord.
How to Invite Someone to a Discord Server
No matter what device you’re using, inviting someone to your Discord server is more or less the same process.
That being said, we’ll show you how to do it on PC, Mac, and mobile devices.
Desktop Instructions (PC/Mac)
To invite someone to a Discord channel (and server), you’ll need to have instant invite permissions. If you own the server, then you have them by default. For others, you’ll need the server owner to provide them to your role within the server.
With the proper permissions:
- Launch Discord either from your browser or the desktop app.
- On the left-hand side panel, select the server that you want to invite someone to.
- Right-click on the channel and a pop-up menu will appear. Select Instant Invite from this menu and a window will pop up with an invitation link. You can also click on the Instant Invite icon to the right of the channel name.
- At the bottom-right corner of the window, click Link Settings (the gear). Here, you’ll be able to choose from the following options:
- Expire After: Choose when you want the invite link to expire.
- Max Number of Uses: Limit the number of people you want to be able to use the link.
- Grant Temporary Membership: Give temporary membership to users. Once they leave the server, they cannot rejoin without another invite.
- Once you’re done with the settings, click Generate a New Link.
- Click Copy to save the invitation link to your clipboard.
That’s all there is to it. Just send this link to whoever you want to invite, and once they click on the link, they’ll be able to instantly join your Discord server.
Inviting someone to a Discord server on a mobile device is nearly the same as doing so on a desktop. Just follow these steps to get started:
- Launch the Discord app on your iOS or Android device and login to your account.
- At the top-left of the screen, tap the three vertically stacked, horizontal lines. This will open up your server list on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Tap on the server icon and a list of all the text and voice channels of that server will appear
- Tap the Instant Invite icon just below the server name.
- Tap Channel and select which channel the invite will link to.
- Change the link settings as you see fit.
- Tap on the invitation link at the top of your screen to copy the link to your clipboard.
Once you copy the link to your clipboard, you can send it to anyone that you want to invite to your Discord server.
Discord is a great platform for communication with your friends via voice and text chat, though its interface can take some getting used to.
By following the steps listed above, you can quickly and easily invite anyone to your server on Discord.
To get the most out of your Discord experience, check out some of our other great pieces, such as How To Delete All Messages in Discord.