Does Bumble Limit Your Messages?
If the omnipresent and no less cheeky place we call the Internet is good at one thing, it’s limiting the amount of stuff we can write at a time.
Well, social media apps are, anyway.
Someone quite clever has realized very early on in the development of social media that while some humans are of a to-the-point mindset and write only short posts and messages on the Internet, others tend to write War and Peace sort of novels every time they sit down to check their Facebook notifications!
As dating apps started getting popular, the creators of these curious platforms realized it would be clever to follow suit with their older social media peers and limit the amount of lovebird chatter you can bombard your unsuspecting ‘match’ with.
In this article, we’ll talk about Bumble (The feminist version of Tinder, for those unfamiliar with the concept.) and how our Dostoyevsky’s of today fare on this cheeky app! To be precise, we’ll answer the question – Does Bumble Limit Your Messages?
Alright then, folks, let’s see what we have here!
How Exactly Does Messaging Work on Bumble?
First of all, the messaging between the two ‘interested parties’, so to speak, can only commence if both of them swiped right, which would then result in a ‘match’. After the initial match, given the nature of Bumble’s women first policy, the woman in question has 24 hours to initiate the conversation if she’s interested. (In case the match was extended by either party for another 24 hours, there’ll be more time for the conversation to start.)
Now, assuming the woman has made the first step and the conversation has been opened, the other party can respond and that’s how the ball starts rollin’.
For the record, after that initial exchange, the couple can send messages back and forth at their own pace. (The woman doesn’t have to open up the chat every new day, just the first time!)
Messages Disappearing – Possible Reasons Behind It
Every once in a while, it may happen that the conversation you had going on stopped completely out of the blue. As disheartening as this may appear, at least you can rest assured that this doesn’t have to mean you wrote something wrong in the process. (Although that’s certainly one of the explanations.) So, messages disappearing on Bumble can happen for several reasons:
- You Got Unmatched – If you were born with the impeccable talent to say the wrong thing at exactly the wrong time, you may not like this one. The thing is, even though the two people who are matched have a good chance of getting along like a house on fire, sometimes one of the parties may have a change of heart. If the worst happens and you get unmatched, your conversation with that person will disappear completely. Tough stuff, we know, but not all is bleak.
- Blocked by Bumble Itself! – Another instance of your carefully-worded messages disappearing forever seemingly out of nowhere is when the other user gets banished from the platform, so to speak. Whether they’ve disclosed someone’s private information or otherwise displayed some sort of disrespectful behavior, a ban from Bumble means that profile is gone for good.
- The Case of a Deleted Account – The last reason behind a mysterious disappearance of a perfectly decent string of messages would be that the person on the other end deleted their account. This doesn’t really happen all that often, but when it does it can be properly annoying. Oh, well. That’s life for ya, you know.
Messages Not Going Through – Reasons Behind It
In scenarios where both parties are quite eager to talk to each other and none of them’s been guilty of any sort of ban-worthy behavior, a situation may occur where a message just won’t go through. Typically, this is not a big deal and the reasons behind it may be the following:
- Poor Wi-Fi Connection – This one may sound a bit banal, but it happens often enough that it requires our attention. Sometimes, your witty messages won’t go through because you may be experiencing some connectivity issues. If this is, indeed, the case, the advice would be to wait it out or otherwise try to fix it. Pretty straightforward.
- You’ve reached the Maximum Character Limit – As is the case with virtually all other dating apps, Bumble, too, limits the amount of text you can write in a single message. If that’s the issue, try splitting your long-winded response into several messages and then send them all in rapid succession! (Well, not necessarily ‘rapid’ per se. Let the messages roll in your own good time.)
So, there you have it! YES, Bumble does limit the length of your messages, so make sure not to write a novel when communicating with your potential partner. (We’re sure they wouldn’t care too much for it, either.) We hope you found this article helpful and wish you lots of luck in your search for a perfect bee… ehm, bee-partner, beehive-partner… alright.