You don’t have to wait for Disney+ any longer – it’s finally here. The exciting streaming platform becomes a sturdy competitor to most popular streaming services around, including Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu.
The release of Disney+ brought some bad news, too. Not all smart TV owners will be able to download the app directly to their devices. Some smart TVs, such as LG and Samsung will support the service right away, but others may have to wait.
If you have a Sharp smart TV, you’ll probably need additional help to stream Disney+ content. This article will provide you with viable solutions.
Watching Disney+ Directly
- Watching Disney+ Directly 
- Watching Disney+ Using Streaming Platforms 
- Watching Disney+ with Roku and Chromecast 
- Watch Disney+ with Xbox One and PS4 
- Watch Disney+ with Apple TV or Amazon Fire TV 
- Is It Worth It – You Decide 
The majority of Sharp smart TVs aren’t compatible with Disney+. This means that you’ll need to turn to one of the streaming devices to watch your favorite shows and movies.
Still, a particular Sharp smart TV allows you to watch Disney+ directly: the Sharp AQUOS 4K. This is currently the only Sharp smart TV that runs the Android TV operating system which is compatible with the service.
If you own this TV, you can simply download the app on the Android TV platform and stream away. However, the first reactions to the beta testing of the app are generally negative, with users reporting missing audio on certain content, limited remote controls, and unstable connection.
A better option is to opt for one of the better streaming platforms and connect it to your smart TV. This will provide better performance and enhance your overall experience.
Watching Disney+ Using Streaming Platforms
If you want to connect your Sharp smart TV with one of the streaming devices, you have plenty to choose from:
- a) Roku
- b) Chromecast
- c) Xbox One
- d) PlayStation 4
- e) Apple TV
- f) Amazon Fire Stick 
If you own one of these devices, you can start installing Disney+ right away. If not, you will need to pay up for the device in addition to the Disney+ subscription.
When you decide which streaming service you’ll use, you can go to the Disney+  website, create an account and pick a subscription. After that, it’s time to download and play the service on one of the platforms.
Watching Disney+ with Roku and Chromecast
Roku and Chromecast  are probably the most popular streaming devices and both can stream Disney+ in high-quality.
All Roku devices released since 2013 should be compatible with Disney+. When you set up a Roku stick or a set-top-box, follow these steps:
- Turn on your Roku device.
- Press the “Home” button on your remote to access the Home screen.
- Select “Streaming Channels” from the menu.
- Go to “Search Channels.”
- Enter “Disney Plus” to bring up the channel.
- Hit “Add Channel.”
The Disney+ channel will appear on the Home screen among the available channels. Simply go to the channel and enter your Disney+ credentials to access the content.
If you have a Chromecast dongle, you can cast Disney+ from your PC, iOS, or Android device. Do the following:
- Download the Disney+ app (Android , iOS ) or launch the website  on Google Chrome.
- Launch the app.
- Log in with your credentials.
- Tap (or click) the “Cast” icon at the top-right of the screen.
- Select your Sharp smart TV from the list of available devices.
The image should appear on your TV screen. Of course, you need to switch to an HDMI input.
Watch Disney+ with Xbox One and PS4
Your gaming console can be your gateway to Disney+ content since both PS4 and Xbox One are compatible with the service.
If You Own Xbox One
- Power on your Xbox One and sign in to your profile.
- Hit the “Y” key. This will bring up the search bar.
- Type “Disney Plus”
- Press the “A” key to select the app.
- Go to the “Get” button.
- Press the “A” key again to start the download.
When the app downloads, it will appear on the app list. Just lunch it and sign in to your account.
If You Own PS4
- Go to the app store.
- Select “Search.”
- Enter “Disney Plus” and select the app.
- Select the “Download” button under the app image.
- Select the “TV & Video” icon from the Home screen.
- Open the Disney+ app and sign in to your account.
Watch Disney+ with Apple TV or Amazon Fire TV
AppleTV and Amazon Fire TV are both compatible with Disney+.
- Get the app from the app store on your iOS device.
- Launch the app and sign in to your account.
- Select the desired content from the “Watch Now” tab.
- Tap “Play.”
- Select “Connect” to display the screen on your TV.
Amazon Fire TV
- Go to the Fire TV Home screen.
- Go to the “Search” icon at the top-left.
- Type “Disney Plus” and select the app when it appears under the “Apps & Games” section.
- Select “Get” to download the app.
You can open the app as soon as it downloads, or you can return to the Home screen and launch the app from there.
Is It Worth It – You Decide
If you own a Sharp smart TV running the Android TV OS, subscribing to Disney+ would be a much easier choice. However, if additional gadgets are necessary, some may reconsider.
On the other hand, some of the most exciting upcoming TV shows and movies will be exclusively available on this service. Furthermore, owning a platform such as Roku provides other free and premium channels  along with plenty of other features.
Would you invest in a streaming device just for Disney+? Why or why not? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.