Did you know that you can make custom friend lists on Facebook? This feature was around for some time, but many people still don’t use it. You can separate your acquaintances from your closest friends, see a separate news feed for just one group of friends, and more.
Read on and find out how to edit friend lists and other useful tips for customizing and improving your overall Facebook experience.
How to Edit a Friend List on Facebook
Once you set up a friend list on Facebook, editing it is simple. Follow the steps to add more or remove some friends from your list:
- Sign in to your Facebook account.
- Once again, select the Friend Lists option from the Explore tab.
- Select the friend list you want to edit.
- Tap the Manage List option in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- You can rename, edit, or delete the list from this menu. Next, you should select Edit List.
- Tap On This List, and choose Friends.
- Enter your friend’s name and select them to add them from your list. If you want to remove someone, select their name on the menu, or tap the X button on their picture.
- When done, you should select Finish. The list will update automatically.
Note that editing all your Facebook friend lists works the same way. Your custom lists, Close Friends, Acquaintances, and Restricted lists all share the same options. You can have as many of them as you want.
Separate News Feeds on Facebook
The best use of custom Facebook friend lists is if you want to have different news feeds. You can use this feature to filter out all the acquaintances or people whose posts you dislike.
Now, there is no need to unfollow people because friend lists take care of that. These lists are real-time savers since you don’t even have to bother with deleting Facebook friends anymore. You can remove them from your best friend list, close friends list, or however you want to call it.
Additionally, you can use Facebook lists to follow pages instead of people. You can select pages you want to appear in your news feed, and disregard the others. This option is also available in the Edit List menu, just choose Pages instead of Friends, and select every page you like individually.
Tap or click Finish, and you’ll have custom pages-only news feed, which can show you the news, business updates, memes, or anything else.
Blocking on Facebook
If you feel like putting someone on a list of friends whose updates you don’t want to see isn’t enough, you can always block them. Here is how you can edit your list of blocked people on Facebook using a browser:
- Sign in to Facebook.
- Click on the dropdown arrow in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Then select Settings.
- Next, Click on Blocking.
- Under the Block Users section, you can see all of your blocked connections. Click on the search field next to Block Users.
- Finally, enter the name of the person you want to block and tap on Block.
- You can also select Unblock next to a person’s name if you wish to remove them from this list.
The Blocking page on Facebook is handy. You can block messages from people and applications, as well as invites to apps and events. You can also block individual users and Facebook pages. The Restricted list is also on this page, but sometimes restricting people is not enough.
If someone is harassing you, spamming your inbox, or doing anything else harmful to you, feel free to block them. Facebook will not notify them of your actions. There is no way they can find out about it unless they try looking up your Facebook profile.
Sort Your Friends
Sorting your Facebook friends is not a bad thing. Nobody is equally close to all their Facebook friends unless they only have close friends on the profile. Creating and editing your custom friend lists can be a game-changer and also improve your experience on the platform.
Also, having a decluttered news feed is helpful. Plus, there are no limitations on the number of lists you can make. Have fun editing lists, and let us know how it went.