Some avoid sharing photos and videos through Facebook because the platform turns your HD media to SD by default. And the difference between high definition and standard definition videos and pictures is quite visible.
Facebook states that they want to save their users’ mobile data, and that’s the reason for the average video quality.
Read on and find out how to upload HD videos and photos to Facebook on all platforms. That’s right; uploading HD content to the mobile version of the app is possible, as well.
How to Upload HD Video on a Computer
The desktop version of Facebook is fantastic in many regards, including high-quality content uploads. Your internet speed on the computer is far superior to the mobile network in most cases, due to the cable connection.
Follow the steps to upload HD content to Facebook from your computer:
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Click on the What’s on Your Mind field near the top of the Facebook Home screen.
- Select News Feed or Your Story.
- Select Photo/Video.
- Browse your computer’s library and find the HD video that you want to upload. Select it and click on Open.
- Wait for the video to load and click Post.
How to Upload HD Video on iOS Devices
The Facebook app for iOS is slightly different than its Android counterpart. Therefore, we will explain the process for both platforms. Follow the steps to upload HD videos on your iPhone or iPad:
- Open the Facebook app and log in to your account if you haven’t already.
- Select the hamburger icon at the bottom-right of your screen (three horizontal lines).
- Choose Settings and Privacy (gear icon).
- Select Settings.
- Choose Media and Contacts, followed by Videos and Photos.
- Enable the Upload HD option below the Video Settings tab. You can do the same for Photo Settings if you like.
Now that you have enabled HD video uploads on Facebook for your iOS device, you can freely post them. Note that it is better to have your Wi-Fi enabled and save the mobile data. You can now post HD Facebook the same way you post all content.
How to Upload HD Video on Android Devices
Here’s how to upload HD videos to Facebook on Android tablets and phones:
- Launch the Facebook app on your Android.
- Sign in to your account.
- Select the hamburger icon at the top of your screen.
- Select Settings and Privacy.
- Then, tap on Settings.
- Next, choose Media and Contacts.
- Finally, enable Upload Video in HD.
That’s it. Now you can post HD videos freely from your Android device.
If you are using Facebook, it is very likely that you also have WhatsApp. Did you know that WhatsApp keeps the video and photo quality intact? Facebook also owns WhatsApp, but for some reason, its picture quality is much better than Facebook’s.
Click on the link provided above, download WhatsApp, and enjoy seamless upload of HD videos and photos. You can share your high-quality videos with whom you want, be it one person or a wider circle of friends.
Ultimately, the Choice Is Yours
Facebook does turn HD content into SD by default. However, it is to save your mobile data. Luckily, you can easily change that, especially with the help of our advice in this article.
How do you upload your stuff to Facebook, in SD or HD? Or do you share your high-quality videos with your friends through other platforms? Let us know in the comments section below.