How to Fix Your Phone When Triller Keeps Freezing
Nobody likes it when their phone freezes, especially when trying to record an awesome Triller video. Still, Triller isn’t the only app that causes freezing.
Many apps can trigger sluggish performance on any smartphone, be it Android or iPhone. In this article, we’ll cover all the best fixes for phones that freeze thanks to Triller or any other apps.
How to Fix Triller Freezing on iPhone
First, let’s look at some of the best iPhone fixes (Note: skip to the Android section if you’re on Android).
As always, you should restart your device first. This can often fix many problems, including the Triller app freezing. If your iPhone doesn’t restart regularly, try a forced restart:
- On the latest iPhones (8 and 10), quickly tap the Volume Up button, followed by the Volume Down button, and hold the Side button.
- On iPhone 7, you need to hold the Sleep and Volume Down buttons together.
- On older iPhones, you need to hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously.
If this doesn’t help, make sure to install the latest Triller app from the App Store. Your app might be outdated, causing the issue. Speaking of updates, you should also make sure that your iPhone has the latest software update:
- Enter the Settings on your iPhone.
- Press General.
- Finally, choose Software Update.
Restart and Declutter the Apps
Since Triller is using your iPhone camera, it’s possible that the freezing is camera-related. Follow the steps to restart your camera app:
- Swipe up on your Camera app to force close it.
- Start the Camera app again.
- Likewise, you can restart the Triller app using the steps above.
If the apps seem to be working fine, but your iPhone is still freezing when using Triller, your Storage may be full. Here’s how to find out if that’s the case:
- Launch the Settings.
- Choose the General settings.
- Finally, select iPhone Storage.
- Here, you can delete the unnecessary apps and files. Consider backing up your photos and videos on your computer, and then deleting them from your iPhone. It will save you tons of storage space.
How to Fix Triller Freezing on Android
Preventing your Android phone from freezing involves more or less the same processes. First up, restart your phone and see if there’s any improvement. Then, make sure to restart the Triller app. Also, download the latest app update from the Google Play Store.
If you want to go a step further, delete Triller and install it again. Make sure that your system is up-to-date too. Here’s how to do so:
- Start the Settings application.
- Select the About Phone option.
- Choose Software Information.
If your software and Triller app is up-to-date, perhaps your phone is cluttered. Check your Storage and delete the unnecessary files:
- Open the Settings on your Android.
- Choose the Storage menu.
- All of your files are neatly cataloged here. Browse the categories and delete the apps or data in them.
- Alternatively, you can select the Free up Space option in Storage. Choose the individual categories and declutter your phone.
- Make sure to back up the documents, photos, or videos you want to keep.
Additional Android Troubleshooting
If the advice above doesn’t cut it, consider force-quitting Triller or other apps that cause freezing:
- Start the Settings app.
- Choose Triller from the Apps and Notifications selection. Press the App Info.
- Finally, select Force Stop and confirm. You can close other background apps as well and see if the problem persists.
- Restart Triller and see if it freezes your phone again.
You can try starting your phone in safe mode to see if Triller is the culprit of the freezing:
- Hold the power button on your phone.
- Long-press the Power Off option and confirm.
- Choose Safe Mode.
Your phone will restart, and all the downloaded apps will be disabled.
You can’t stop climate change, but you can prevent your phone from freezing again. Triller sometimes does that, but other apps could be to blame as well. If the app and your device are updated, there shouldn’t be any issues.
As a final resort, you can consider resetting your phone to factory settings. Be careful. This will wipe all of your data. Refer to the official website or device manual for instructions.
What was causing your phone to freeze? Was it Triller? Would you like to share any other solutions? Do so in the comments section below.