If you’ve bought a Samsung Galaxy S5, it’s a good idea to know how to use the flashlight widget on the Galaxy S5. The Galaxy S5 flashlight is no LED Maglight replacement, but it will do in a great job in helping in times that you need a light source for S5. This guide will teach you how to use the Torch feature on the Galaxy S5, with it’s built in widget and easily use the flashlight widget on Samsung Galaxy S5.
In the past, it was required to download an app to turn on flashlight for a Samsung S5 smartphone. Now users can avoid downloading a S5 Torch app, because Samsung includes a widget that will turn on the Galaxy S5 flashlight on and off. A widget is a small shortcut that you add to the home screen of S5. It looks like an app icon, but it will turn a flashlight on or off.
How to use Samsung Galaxy S5 flashlight widget:
- Turn on your Samsung S5.
- With you finger, press down on the home screen down until the “Wallpapers,” “Widgets” and “Home screen settings” show up on the screen.
- Select “Widgets”
- Browse all the widgets until you see “Torch”
- Select and hold “Torch” and move it to an open position on the home screen.
- When you need to use flashlight on S5, select the “Torch” icon.
- To turn off the flashlight, you can tap the icon or go to the notification settings to turn off Torch.
The instructions above should help answer the question for those who asked “How do I use flashlight on Samsung Galaxy S5?” If you want to use launcher to use flashlight on Galaxy S5, it should be similar, except some of the widgets might be in different locations.