Is fuboTV Easy to Cancel?
Perhaps you’ve registered with fuboTV for a free trial and don’t want to proceed with the paid subscription, or you’d like to switch to a different online television service. Whatever the case, you might be wondering what the canceling process looks like and if FuboTV easy to cancel.
In this article, we’ll show you different ways to cancel your fuboTV subscription, depending on how you signed up in the first place.
Is FuboTV Easy to Cancel?
Whether you’ve signed up for a free trial or a monthly subscription, fuboTV is relatively easy to cancel. It’ll only take a few steps to do so and, no matter what platform you’re using, the process is very straightforward. Let’s take a look at the methods for canceling your FuboTV subscription on fubo.tv, Roku, Apple TV, and iOS devices.
Cancel fuboTV in Your Browser
- Open your browser, go to fubo.tv, and sign in to your account.
- Select your profile.
- Under your profile picture, hit My Account. This will take you to your account page.
- On the left side, go to Subscription & Billing and hit Cancel Subscription. The button is located on the right side, either under Current Plan or at the bottom of the page.
- You will see a pop-up, offering to Complete Cancelation or Pause Subscription. Choose Complete Cancelation.
- Confirm the action when prompted and don’t click on any of the other options, such as Continue Watching or Redeem Offer.
- Finally, there’s an option to tell fuboTV your reasons for canceling. This isn’t necessary to complete the process.
After following through with these steps, you should receive an email confirmation regarding the cancelation. Take note that if you cancel your free trial via the fubo.tv site, the trial will end immediately, regardless of how many days should be left.
Cancel fuboTV on Roku
If you’ve signed up for fuboTV through Roku, there are two ways to cancel it. You can either cancel the service on your Roku TV or through their website. Here’s how to do so:
1. Cancel fuboTV on your Roku TV
- Find the fuboTV app on your Roku TV, navigate to it, and press the Star button.
- You’ll see a menu for the Subscription Channel. Go to Manage Subscriptions.
- Now you’ll need to select Cancel Subscription twice in a row. Make sure not to press OK for the Leave Unchanged, Exit option, as that will undo the process.
- Select Done, and a cancelation confirmation should appear.
If, for any reason, you’re not entirely convinced the action was successful, visit Roku’s website to confirm that fuboTV is no longer listed in your subscriptions. You can always contact fuboTV’s customer support to make sure you’ve canceled the service either.
2. Cancel fuboTV on the Roku website
- Sign in to your account on my.roku.com and go to My Account.
- Under the Manage Account section, hit Manage Your Subscriptions.
- Find fuboTV and click the Unsubscribe button next to it. Confirm the action and that’s it – you’ve canceled fuboTV.
Cancel fuboTV on Apple TV
- Turn on your Apple TV, press the Home button, and swipe down on your remote to access Settings.
- Go to User Accounts, select your account, and go to Subscriptions.
- Locate fuboTV, enter it, and choose Cancel Subscription near the bottom of the page.
- Select Confirm and you should see a message informing you that fuboTV has been successfully canceled.
Cancel fuboTV on iOS Devices
- On your iOS device, go to Settings.
- Tap on your name and icon to go to your Apple ID account.
- Go to Subscriptions, find fuboTV, and tap Cancel Subscription.
- Confirm to complete the action, and, similar to what happens on Apple TV, a confirmation pop-up will appear.
What Happens Next?
Canceling your fuboTV subscription or free trial is a straightforward business. However, depending on your situation, the time needed for the cancelation to take effect will vary. As stated in their Cancellation Policy article, when you cancel your free fuboTV trial through the website, access to the app will be removed immediately. However, if you’ve signed up through Roku, you’ll still get the full seven-day trial, even if you cancel fuboTV on the first day of it.
As for subscriptions, a canceled fuboTV subscription will still be active until the current billing cycle ends. There’ll be no refunds for prepaid services or partial months of service.
Whether you’ve decided on a different online TV provider or you don’t want to commit to a full subscription after a free trial, fuboTV is easy to cancel. Now that we’ve explained how to go through the cancelation process, feel free to choose your online TV programming.
Did you find it easy to cancel fuboTV? What platform did you use to sign in to it? Let us know in the comments section below.