50 Cool and Funny Instagram Bios
Let’s be honest—your Instagram bio is just as important as the photos you post on your account. Not only is it your chance to make a solid first impression, but it’s often the thing that sells viewers into following you. Put too little thought into these bios, and you’ll lose out on potential follows that will raise your online social status, gain you connections in the real and virtual world, and be forced to settle for less viewers than you otherwise would.
Most people throw a few adjectives into the space to fill it and move on, or put way too much information into these bios. You want to strike a balance—something personal but not over-the-top, something funny but uncommon and creative, and something people haven’t seen on the platform. You don’t want to spell out your life in these short bios, but you want to let your audience know something unique about you, either through an interesting fact or amusing quip. There’s a happy medium when it comes to these descriptors, and choosing the right one will get you those coveted followers. Consider some of our tips for making the right bio for you—or, if you prefer, jump down to our list of premade Instagram bios to use or help spur your creativity!
Tips for Making an Instagram Bio
Before you explore our list, consider making one of your own. The following tips will help you design a bio that will attract the right followers for your account.
- Match your bio to your account style. In other words, if your account is a dizzying display of puppies in costumes, silly poses, or even outer space, you’ll want your bio to be something silly and whimsical. Basically, you want to attract the sort of people who are going to be into that kind of thing.
- Match your bio to your target audience. This goes hand in hand with the last tip. Too often people just aim to get as many followers as possible. In reality, you want the types of followers who are going to enjoy your content. That way, they’ll like and comment on your photos. Speak to those people with your bio.
- Keep it brief. Obviously, you want to get your point across. However, too much text will bore people and turn them away before they even finish reading.
- Keep it relatable. People are going to follow other people that they like. Give them a reason to like you.
- Give them a reason. Speaking of giving people a reason. You don’t just want to give them a reason to like you; you want to give them a reason to follow you. Your bio should be a promise to readers. If you’re going to be providing goofy content, make it something goofy. Political content, keep it political. Standard day-to-day photo-blogging of your life? Throw in something unique about why your content should keep the reader around.
These are some pretty standard rules to follow, but if you’re having trouble coming up with your own, we’ve got some great examples for you below.
Sample and Custom Instagram Bios
Still not convinced that you can write your own bio? No problem. These funny and cool Instagram bios appeal to large audiences and broadly applicable for different types of individual feeds, so go ahead and grab one, customize it to fit your needs, and throw it right in your bio!
- Fabulous ends in “us.” Coincidence? I think not.
- I’m only pretending to be me.
- Just a cupcake looking for a stud muffin.
- Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
- You couldn’t handle me even if I came with instructions.
- Born to express, not to impress.
- Some people are alive only because it’s illegal to kill them.
- Whenever I have a problem, I sing. Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.
- Who else are you going to follow? Really?
- Spent a large portion of my life eating. Will do the same in the next life.
- There. I joined Instagram. Happy now?
- I’m just having an allergic reaction to the universe.
- I’m not sure how many problems I have because math is one of them.
- I’m not a complete idiot; some parts are missing.
- Living vicariously through myself.
- Guest-starred in Frasier S6E8: “The Seal Who Came to Dinner.” You’re welcome.
- Light travels faster than sound. That’s why people appear bright until they speak.
- Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
- Hey, are you reading my bio again?
- I always learn from the mistakes of others who took my advice.
- Wait, where am I? How did I get in here?
- I will go into survival mode if tickled.
- My social security number is hidden in every single image I’ve ever posted.
- Recommended by 4 out of 5 people who recommend things.
- There are three kinds of people in this world, and I don’t like any of them.
- *Insert your judgments here.*
- I’ve dedicated this page to documenting the Coach reboot that never happened.
- I work an unpaid internship as a professional nerd.
- I still don’t understand Twitter, but here I am.
- This is mostly a Waluigi fan page—please adjust your expectations accordingly.
- It’s possible that I’m eating frosting with a spoon.
- Probably the most talented TV binge watcher you’ll find.
- My hobbies are breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- I’m cool, but global warming made me HOT.
- I hold the key to the secrets of the universe. I just can’t find the lock.
- You have to sift through a lot of gold to find my dirt.
- Welcome to my Instagram feed, where people come to enjoy me.
- Gifted napper, talker, and ice cream eater.
- I know I left my sanity around here somewhere.
- Due to an intense mind fog, all of my thoughts have been grounded until further notice.
- I don’t make mistakes; I date them.
- I am best served with coffee and a side of sarcasm.
- I put the whine in wine.
- None of my friends know who Goku is.
- Not the guy she told you not to worry about.
- I work for money. If you want loyalty, get a dog.
- In desperate need of a six month vacation…twice a year.
- I thought I wanted a job, turns out I just wanted a paycheck.
- In case you haven’t noticed, I’m weird. I’m a weirdo.
- I tried some strawberry shampoo. It doesn’t taste as good as it smells.
With the art of the bio mastered in your case, there’s only one thing left to do. Through practice and effort, making your photos just as interesting as your Instagram bio will come naturally and quickly if you put the time in. Just stick to taking photos and videos and eventually you’ll be the best around.