80 Funny WhatsApp Statuses to Make Your Friends Laugh
Even with the endless choices for communicating on Android or iOS without using SMS or MMS messages, WhatsApp has risen above the competition to become one of our very favorites. WhatsApp has a huge user community, it has a beautifully simple and easy-to-use interface, and it allows users to talk with people all over the world through both text and voice communication.
Unlike rivals like iMessage, it’s platform-agnostic, and unlike Facebook Messenger (which, like WhatsApp, is owned by Facebook), the app doesn’t bog your phone down with games and other trivial nonsense irrelevant to its core functionality. Whether you’re trying to contact a friend down the street, a colleague on another continent, or just chat with your girlfriend, WhatsApp is the go-to place for tons of communicators.
Statuses in WhatsApp
Because WhatsApp emulates traditional instant messaging apps, the one additional social feature added to the app is statuses, which allow you to keep your friends updated on what you’re up to at any given time. Statuses on WhatsApp function less like Facebook or Twitter updates, and more like traditional statuses in classic messaging apps like AIM or MSN Messenger.
It’s one of our favorite parts of the app as a whole, since instead of creating a proto-social network, WhatsApp allows you to update your connections on whether or not you’re busy without forcing them to contact you whilst in a meeting or studying. If you haven’t used WhatsApp before, the app is totally free and worth grabbing – you might be surprised by how many friends and coworkers are already using the app.
How to Change your WhatsApp Status
There are two places where you can set your WhatsApp status: your “about” (the old-school way of status-setting) and the relatively new “Status” page (a knock-off Instagram stories feature).
Here’s how to change your “about” status:
- Open the WhatsApp app.
- Tap “Settings” in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Tap your name, then tap the line under “ABOUT.”
- Select a default status, or tap the line under “CURRENTLY SET TO.”
- Write your new status, and tap “Save.”
And here’s how to change your Status:
- Open the WhatsApp app.
- Tap “Status” in the lower left corner.
- Add a new phrase, picture, or short video.
WhatsApp statuses are not all about serious communication. What would be the fun in that? If you’re looking for a funny WhatsApp status to make your friends chuckle, we’ve got some great suggestions for you. With these fifty hilarious statuses, you’ll be able to grab your friends’ attention immediately. Check them out below!
Funny WhatsApp Status Ideas
Without further ado, here are some statuses you might find hilarious. Try them on your friends and see if they laugh.
- Hey there! You are using Whatsapp.
- I’m not lazy, I’m on energy saving mode.
- Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
- Dyslexics are teople poo.
- What’s the difference between a good joke and a bad joke timing.
- Currently holding it all together with one bobby pin.
- I miss you like an idiot misses the point.
- Hey there, WhatsApp is using me.
- I like to stay in bed. It’s too “people-y” outside.
- I was going to take over the world this morning, but I overslept.
- I’m naturally funny because my whole life is a joke.
- Be nice to nerds, they will be your boss one day.
- I would call my fashion style “clothes that still fit.”
- Hey, I’ll be back in five minutes. If I’m not, just read this message again.
- If people are talking behind your back, that’s a good time to fart.
- I won’t be impressed with technology until I can download food.
- I’m not lazy. I’m just on battery saver mode.
- Make your weird light shine bright, so the other weirdos know where to find you.
- If you think no one cares about you, try missing a couple of car payments.
- Zombies are looking for brains. Don’t worry, you’re safe.
- Your WhatsApp status says “online.” If you’re online, why aren’t you texting me?
- Someday you’ll go far, and I hope you stay there.
- Keep rolling your eyes. Maybe you’ll find a brain back there.
- I salute all my haters with my middle finger.
- Me? Sarcastic? Never.
- An apple a day keeps anyone away if you throw it hard enough.
- I am not perfect, but I am a limited edition.
- You smell like hidden motives, get away from me.
- We aren’t friends until we start insulting each other on a daily basis.
- Your body is allergic to some people. Know how to read the signs.
- You’re weird. I like you.
- Don’t worry about what I’m doing, worry about why you’re worried about what I’m doing.
- I’m in shape. “Potato” is a shape.
- You’re so lucky that I’m terrified of prison.
- If you can’t convince them, confuse them.
- Can we please go back to the main menu of life? I think I accidentally chose “impossible” mode.
- I’m not fat, I’m fluffy.
- Status unavailable. Please reload and try again.
- I love that our effortless friendship fits perfectly with my laziness.
- “I’m going to bed” really means… “I’m going to lie in my bed and look at my phone.”
- God is really creative, I mean… just look at me.
- They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?
- I’m not short, I’m a people McNugget.
- The police called to say one of my friends escaped from a mental hospital. Which one of you crazies got out and where should I pick you up?
- I’m so tired, my tired is tired.
- Of course I talk to myself! Sometimes I need expert advice.
- You seem to be on your own path. Unfortunately, there’s a “socio” in front of it.
- Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and remind them who they’re dealing with.
- You think I’m cute when I’m mad? Well, buckle up sweet cheeks – I’m about to get freakin’ adorable.
- When life gives you lemons, squirt someone in the eye.
- Be smarter than your smartphone.
- I’ve been diagnosed with “awesomeness.” You might want to get checked, but I doubt you caught it.
- I never argue, I just explain why I’m right.
- Fair warning: I know karate. …and some other words.
- I don’t think my iPhone is working. I pressed the home button, but I’m still here.
- I don’t have a girlfriend, but I know a girl that would get really mad if she heard me say that.
- I have three kids and no money. Why I can’t I have no kids and three money?
- My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We’ll see about that.
- I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming and terrified, like the passengers in his car.
- Don’t you hate it when people answer their own questions? I sure do.
- I’m on a whiskey diet…I’ve lost three days already.
- Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking than men spend thinking.
- My girlfriend is always stealing my t-shirts and sweaters… But if I take a single one of her dresses, suddenly “we need to talk.”
- If you’re still looking for that one person who will change your life, take a look in the mirror.
- Did you know that dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish?
- True friendship: Walking into a person’s house and having your Wi-fi connect automatically.
- I like having conversations with kids. Grownups never ask me what my third favorite reptile is.
- Sleep is my drug… my bed is my dealer and my alarm clock is the police.
- The older I get, the earlier it gets late.
- I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.
- I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
- Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.
- A cop just knocked on my door and told me that my dogs were chasing people on bikes. My dogs don’t even own bikes!
- I hate people who use big words just to make themselves look perspicacious.
- I used to think I was indecisive, but now I’m not too sure.
- There is no “i” in denial.
- My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.
- A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
- A guy knows he’s in love when he loses interest in his car for a couple of days.
- I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, and then it hit me.
That’s a wrap. Hopefully, our list has gotten a chuckle or two. Try some of our suggestions and see how they go over with your friends. Enjoy!