How To Get More Tinder Boosts
Tinder is a great way to connect with people in your area. But sometimes you might not get as much interest as you’d like. Thankfully, Tinder provides users with a simple way to boost their visibility and increase their chances of getting swipes.
The Tinder Boost
A boost allows you to be among the top profiles in your area for 30 minutes. That means more visibility and more likes. Theoretically, the feature promises around ten times more matches. But that’s going depend on your profile as well.
After all, you’re only going to get those coveted right swipes if your bio and pics engage interest. Plus you need to like them before you can match with them, so be sure to put the time into browsing profiles in your area.
Think you’re ready for a boost?
There are two ways to get a Tinder boost. You can either get a Tinder Plus Membership, which comes with one free boost a month. Or you can purchase boosts directly.
How to Get a Tinder Plus Membership
To become a Tinder Plus Member, turn on the app and go to your profile.
- Tap My Tinder Plus at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Get Tinder Plus.
- Select the length of time that you are willing to commit to paying for a membership. The longer you commit, the smaller the monthly fee.
- Tap Continue.
- Tap Confirm.
Your boost will be available right way. You can activate it at a time of your choosing.
What Exactly Is a Tinder Plus Membership?
Of course, Tinder Plus Memberships are about more than just boosts. If you become a Tinder Plus Member, you’ll enjoy more control over your profile and more access.
- Unlimited swipes per day. That’s right, you may not have noticed it because Tinder allows for a lot of swiping, but the app does limit the number of profiles you can swipe through in a single day.
- More super likes. This feature lets someone know that you liked their profile…a lot. They can see that you liked them before they like you back. Normally, you only get one a day. With a Tinder Plus Membership, you get five.
- Undo swipe. Swiped by mistake? No problem. Tinder Plus will let you take it back.
- Control private information. Tinder Plus members can hide their age and distance from other people on the app.
- Location customization. Headed on vacation soon and want to start peeking at matches before you get there? A Tinder Plus membership let’s you change your location and start matching with people anywhere.
Tinder Plus is not to be confused with Tinder gold. Tinder gold is more expensive and basically let’s you match instantly with anyone who likes you. Talk about taking all of the fun out of it.
How to Purchase Boosts
If you don’t want to spring for a Tinder Plus Membership, you can purchase boosts separately. This is definitely the more cost effective option if you’re not interested in any of the other Tinder Plus features. Start by going to your Tinder profile.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the lightening bolt above Get Boosts to Increase Your Matches.
- Decide how many boosts you want yo purchase. The more you buy, the less you pay per boost.
- Tap Boost Me.
- Tap Purchase.
Activate boosts while browsing. Simply tap the lightening bolt icon on the far left of the bottom row of icons. Your boost will stay up even if you put your phone down.
When to Activate Boosts
Boosts are best used at active times on the app – when more people will have the chance of spotting you. Nielsen Holdings conducted a study of mobile app behavior. They determined that Tinder users are most active between 9 and 10 in the evening and least active between 2 and 5. Needless to say, the wee hours of the morning are not the time to waste your boost.
What’s more, Sundays seem to be the most popular day for Tinder activity. But before you spring to activate your boost at 9:00 next Sunday, consider that these stats are no secret. Many other people are likely doing the same thing. And if everyone’s boosting at the same time well…
Try picking a different evening for a slightly bigger spotlight.