How To Change Wallpaper on the iPhone XS Max
The iPhone XS Max offers a wide range of options when it comes to Home screen and Lock Screen customization. They are easily accessible and allow you to tweak and change the backgrounds in a matter of seconds. Let’s see how to change the wallpaper on an iPhone XS Max.
In this method, you’ll change the wallpaper via the Settings app. First, tap on the “Settings” app icon on the Home screen. Scroll down and tap the “Wallpaper” tab. Next, tap the “Choose a New Wallpaper” tab. There, you will see three options – Dynamic, Stills, and Live.
The dynamic variety offers a range of animated backgrounds with bubble patterns in various colors. A dynamic wallpaper is sensitive to movement and new bubbles will appear each time the phone is moved.
The stills are, as their name suggests, still images which you can set as wallpapers. With them, you can opt between perspective and still modes. In the perspective mode, the image moves as you tilt the phone, making it look like the wallpaper is further back and you’re seeing it through a window. In the still mode, the image doesn’t move.
The live wallpapers are the third variety. If you opt to set a live wallpaper as a still, it will not move. With the perspective option, it will move as the phone is tilted, just like a still image in the perspective mode. In the Live mode, it will move when you touch the screen. Conversely, it will revert to its original position once you lift your finger from the screen.
Once you’ve decided on the type (Stills/Dynamic/Live), tap on its picture. Next, choose a wallpaper from the menu and tap on it. On the preview screen, choose one of the available modes (Still, Perspective, Live) and tap “Set”. Your iPhone XS Max will then offer you three options – “Lock Screen”, “Home screen”, and “Both”. Choose the one that you want and tap on it. Note that you won’t have to confirm your choice, as the wallpaper will be set automatically.
In this method, you will change your wallpaper using your phone’s photo library. In order to do that, follow these steps:
- On the Home screen, tap the “Photos” app icon.
- Once the app opens, it will show you a list of folders. Pick the folder which contains the photo that you want to use and tap on it.
- Next, navigate to the photo of your choice and tap on it.
- After that, tap the “Share” button. It is located in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- The “Sharing” menu will open near the bottom of the screen. Find the “Set as Wallpaper” option and tap on it.
- If it is a regular photo, the phone will let you choose between the Still and Perspective modes. If it is a live photo, you will also be able to choose the Live mode. Pick the mode and choose where you want to set the wallpaper.
The Wrap Up
With the abundance of options your iPhone XS Max offers, your wallpaper and screen saver will never have to be boring again. Now that you know how it’s done, you can spice up your Home screen and Lock Screen with a few quick taps.