Samsung Galaxy J2 – How to Move Files to PC
One of the issues that most owners of the Samsung Galaxy J2 face is insufficient storage on the phone. Sure, it will be enough for the first couple of months, but after you’ve downloaded a bunch of apps, took a ton of photos, and filled your phone with your favorite music, you’ll eventually run out of storage.
There are two main ways to get more storage: buying an SD card or freeing up the memory by transferring files to your PC. You can move pretty much everything from your phone to your PC, regardless of the file type and file size. There are a few different ways to do this.
If you’ve never done it before, let’s go over some of the most common options.
Transferring via USB
The conventional way of moving your data to your PC is by using a USB cable. This is the way we’ve been connecting our devices for years and it’s safe to say that it has worked without issues for most people.
Here’s how to move your files via USB:
- Connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable. After you’ve established the connection, check the box next to the Media Device (MTP) option in the menu that appears on your phone screen.
- Open the File Explorer by clicking on the icon on the taskbar or pressing the Win key and the letter E on your keyboard.
- Click on the Samsung phone icon within the File Explorer to open it.
- Choose ‘Internal Storage’ or ‘SD card’ folder depending on where your files are.
- Select photos, videos, and other files that you want to move to your PC. You can simply copy and paste them to the destination folder.
- If you want to send files from your PC to your phone, select the files, copy them, and then paste them to the destination folder on your phone.
Even though this is the way that most people transfer their files, an even more convenient solution is available.
Transferring via AirDroid
AirDroid is an app that lets you connect your Android phone to your PC wirelessly. Once you do this, you can manipulate the files easily and transfer them from your phone to the PC and vice versa.
File transfer is very simple and there are many other useful features as well. You can see your notifications across multiple devices, reply to messages and phone calls from them, and use various apps on different platforms.
All you have to do is install it on both your phone and PC. Once you do it, go through the connection process. After you’re done, you’ll be able to move files freely and enjoy many other features.
The Final Word
Even if storage isn’t an issue, you should move your files from your phone to PC from time to time. This way, you can keep all your files safe in case something happens to your phone.
Another good idea would be to back up your device frequently or use a cloud storage service. There are many such services out there that allow you to keep your files secure and access them online anytime.