How To Delete Photos from Hinge
With its focus on building lasting relationships, Hinge is not your everyday online dating app. When it was first created, it was connected to Facebook, importing all of your pictures and other data from there. The app no longer requires you to log in via Facebook, but it still needs access to your Facebook or Instagram accounts or your Camera Roll to import photos.
If you use Hinge, you may be wondering how you can delete individual photos or swap them with others from your Facebook gallery. This article will answer that question and offer tips about the best photo types to increasing the number of likes you get.
Can You Even Delete Photos?
According to Hinge, you can’t delete photos. It actually just takes the first six photos from your Profile Pictures album on Facebook, as well as Tagged Photos in case there are not enough profile photos. You can, however, swap the images, so the ones you don’t like don’t get to be in the featured six.
Here’s how to do this on iOS:
- Start the Hinge app, then enter Settings.
- Tap the pencil icon to open your profile.
- Find the “My Photos & Videos” menu. Tap the X on photos you would like to remove, then tap the red “+” sign to provide a replacement photo or video. Instagram and your Camera Roll are now also supported.
- Drag photos to reorder them as you wish.
- When you’ve completed this, tap “Done”.
The process is a bit different on Android phones:
- Start the Hinge app, then enter Settings.
- Tapping a photo lets you move and scale it, as well as add and edit captions. Most importantly, you can also substitute one of the six photos that you need to have on your profile. Just like with iOS, the Hinge app on Android supports not just Facebook, but Instagram and your camera photos, too.
- Tap when you’re finished.
Tips for Having Better Photos on Hinge
On each online dating app, photos matter a lot. Even though its focus is on the answers and its creators claim the app is not superficial like its competitors, Hinge is no exception when it comes to profile photos. Like it or not, people tend to get excited or turned away by what they consider attractive or unattractive and tend to form a first impression of a person based on their appearance.
This is why Hinge did a major study in which they tried to see what kinds of profile pictures get liked the most. In the hopes that this will help you with your photo uploads in the future, and therefore getting matches, here are some of the most relevant statistics for both genders:
- Women are 166% more likely to receive a like on a sports-related photo, while men saw a 45% chance increase thanks to the same theme.
- Women saw a 47% lower chance of receiving a like on a beach photo, while for male users, the chance of getting a like on a beach photo was a whopping 80% lower.
- According to this research, black and white photos are 106% percent more likely to receive a like, but take that with a grain of salt, as only 3% of all the photos included in the study were black and white.
- Selfies are also less likely to receive a like, as the chance of getting one decreases by 40%.
- Other unfavorable types of photos include those with a potential partner, photos with Snapchat filters, and those in which the person wears sunglasses.
- Photos with persons enjoying their nights out received a massive number of likes. Although it generated about one-third of that number, showing a smile also proved to be beneficial for the getting likes on Hinge.
Although not confirmed by stats, here are some other tips that could help:
- People like pictures that spring up conversations.
- On your first photo, you ought to clearly show your face the way it naturally is.
- You should only use your recent photos.
- It’s great if you show off your hobby and/or your personality.
- You’re more attractive if you’re smiling as the person watching the profile might feel happier as well.
- You’re most likely better off taking a photo outside. Make sure your surroundings aren’t too bad-looking, either.
- Make eye contact with the camera as this gives a feeling of connection.
Whatever you do, don’t forget there are websites such as Photofeeler that can help you gather feedback about your photos first. Maybe this will help you see if you’ve come up with a better profile picture than the last time.
Despite its focus on non-superficial, lasting relationships, even Hinge is all about the likes, at least in the beginning. Try using these tips the next time you decide to update your photos and see if it helps.
Do you have any previous experience with Hinge or some other dating app? How important do you think photos are for online dating? Share your thoughts in the comments below!