How To Clear The Cache On HTC One M9
There is some problems that can easily be fixed on the Android software. The best way to fix any bugs or other software problems on your HTC One M9 is to either complete a factory reset or a cache wipe. The best reason to clear the cache on a HTC One M9 and HTC One M9 Plus is when the smartphone has some delays, glitches or freezes. The following is a guide on how to clear the HTC One M9 cache.
For those interested in getting the most out of your HTC smartphone, then make sure to check out HTC’s wireless charging pad, the Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband, and the Mophie external battery pack for the ultimate experience with your HTC smartphone.
What is the cache and what does it do?
There are two different types of cache on the HTC One M9. The first is the app cache, while the other is system cache. All the apps on the HTC One M9 and HTC One M9 Plus has its own cache installed on the app. This cache allows for the temporary data to be stored for better help when switching between apps. While, the system cache on the HTC One M9 does the same thing, but for the Android software instead of each individual app. That’s why when there are issues with apps crashing or freezing, it’s best to clear the system cache wipe to help fix this issue.
How to clear the app cache on the HTC One M9
For problems that are just happening on a specific app, it’s best to first try to clear the app cache. You can clear the app cache with these instructions:
var ARTICLE_URL = window.location.href;
var CONTENT_ID = 'everything';
- Turn on your HTC One M9
- Go to Settings > App Manager
- Select the app you want to clear the cache for
- After you’ve selected the app, look for the app info screen
- Select on Clear Cache
- To clear the app cache for all apps, go to Settings > Storage
- Select Cached Data to clear all app caches simultaneously
Don’t select Clear Data unless you want to lose all the information that app stores, like passwords, game progress, preferences and settings.
What to do when clearing the app cache doesn’t help
After you have cleared the cache of individual apps and the HTC One M9 problem is still happening, the next best option is to uninstall the app and reboot the device. It’s important to note that before you reset the HTC One M9, you should back up all data to prevent anything from being lost during the reboot process. After rebooting the HTC One M9 or HTC One M9 Plus, and the problem is still happening, then it’s suggested that you perform a system cache wipe, also known as clearing the cache partition on the HTC One M9.
How to clear the system cache on the HTC One M9:
- Turn the HTC One M9 off
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons at the same time until the Android logo shows up and the phone vibrates
- Then let go of the Power button and continue to hold the other buttons
- Use the volume buttons to scroll down to highlight Wipe Cache Partition
- Press the Power button
- Scroll down to Yes and press the Power button
- Scroll to Reboot System Now and press Power
- Your HTC One M9 will reboot with a cleared system cache
If the problems persist the next stage is to factory reset the HTC One M9