For those that have just purchased a Samsung Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge and want to how to create folders on the Galaxy S6, we’ll explain below. When you create folders, it will allow you to organize apps better and reduce the amount to clutter on the home screen of the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge. There are several different ways to create folders on the Galaxy S6 to organize different widgets. Below we’ll explain how to create folders for icons and widgets on both Samsung Galaxy models.
The best way to create a new folder on the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge is to drag the selected app over another app that you want to have in the same folder. Do this same procedure with the apps that you want to be in the same folder as each other. After the two apps are placed on top of each other, a folder name will appear below. Once this folder name appears, you can let go of the app and adjust the name of the folder that you have just created. The following is an alternative method for those who want to know how to create multiple folders on the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge.
How to create a new folder on the Galaxy S6 (Method 2):
- Turn on the Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Press and hold on an app on the Home screen.
- Move the app to the top of the screen and move it to the New Folder option.
- Change the name of the New Folder to anything you want
- Select Done on the keyboard.
- Move other apps that you want to be part of this folder by following steps 1-5.