It’s always frustrating to lose a smartphone, but nothing’s worse than losing your loved Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge. The good news is that you can find a stolen Galaxy S6 using several different methods. You can use a tracker app, Android Device Manager and several other types of software.
Similar to Apple’s Find My iPhone, Google has its own system called the Android Device Manager or sometimes called Find My Android that users should know about. Users can find a lost device inside their own home, or on the other side of the city. Read on for more details on how to find your lost Galaxy 6 or Galaxy S6 Edge.
For those interested in getting the most out of your Samsung device, make sure to check out Samsung’s wireless charging pad , external portable battery pack , Samsung Gear S2 and the Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband  for the ultimate experience with your Samsung device.
- How to change languages on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge 
- How to fix Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge that keeps freezing and crashing 
- How to turn ON/OFF autocorrect with Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge 
- How to keeps Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge screen on longer 
- How to reset password on Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge when locked out 
var ARTICLE_URL = window.location.href;
var CONTENT_ID = 'everything';
Quick Tips to Find Lost Galaxy S6
We’ll explain several different methods to find your lost Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge. Below are some of the best options to get your search underway as quick as possible.
- Make sure your Galaxy S6 has proper tools installed for locating your device and securing it from a remote location using tools like Android Device Manager  and Lookout . Once you’ve got your phone back, take preventative measures so this doesn’t happen again.
- Apps like AirDroid to remotely access files and information that you need to recover, as well as using advanced features like remote camera access and SMS text messaging.
Loud Ring Mode To Find Galaxy S6
You should start off by setting your Galaxy S6 into loud ring mode. This will help you find your Galaxy S6 quickly if it’s nearby. You also get options for remotely locking and remotely wiping the device. Use these if you’re handling sensitive documents and files on your mobile device. Make sure to download the Android Device Manager app from the Google Play Store  if you ever need to use the service from another Android device.
Using Android Device Manager To Find Galaxy S6
The best option when it comes to finding your lost or stolen Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge is to properly register via the Android Device Manager. Google released this software back in 2013, and they have used the software to make sure nearly every modern Android device is equipped with it. Many devices come with the feature enabled out of the box, but you will want to double check.
You can set up Android Device Manager on the Galaxy S6 by going to Settings > Security and Screen Lock > Device Administrators. The exact location and name of the menus might differ from phone to phone, so poke around. From here, simply check the box that says “Android Device Manager.”
Find Your Lost Galaxy S6
When you go to use the Android Device Manager with another device to find your Galaxy S6 that is lost or stolen, you need to go to the Android Device Manager page and track your Galaxy S6. The Android Device Manager uses GPS to track the location.
From here the GPS locate button will track the lost or stolen device for you. Google warns users to never try and retrieve a lost device themselves, and to contact the police. It’s important to note for this feature to work, the Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge must be contacted to a WiFi network so the GPS location can be tracked.
- How to find a lost or stolen Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge 
- How to fix Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge screen that won’t rotate 
- How to fix Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge back button not working 
- How to fix Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge that keeps restarting itself 
- How to screen mirror on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge 
- How to fix bluetooth problems on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge 
- How to connect Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge to a TV 
- How to fix volume not working on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge 
- How to set custom ringtones on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge 
- How to remove duplicate contacts on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge