How To Fix Apple iPhone 7 And iPhone 7 Plus Screen Won’t Turn ON
Some have reported that the Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus screen won’t turn on. Even though the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus buttons light up like normal, but the screen remains black and nothing is shown up. The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus screen won’t turn on at random times for different people, but the common problem is that the screen fails to wake up.
It’s recommend to first connect the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus to a power outlet to make sure the problem with the screen not turning on isn’t because of a dead battery. There could be several possible reasons that this is happening and we’ll try to give you different ways to fix the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus screen problem.
Hit the Power button
The first thing that should be tested before any other advice would be to press the “Power” button several times to make sure there is an issue with the powering of the Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. If after trying to power the smartphone back on and the issue has not been fixed, continue reading the rest of this guide.
Boot to Safe Mode
When booting the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus into “Safe Mode” It will only run on pre-loaded apps, this will allow you to see if another application was causing the issues. This can be done using the following steps:
- Hold power and Home button until the screen goes black then remove finger from home while continuing to hold power.
- Once you see the Apple logo-hold the volume up button until the springboard loads.
- If the device is in Safe Mode the tweaks will be gone under the setting menu.
Boot to Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache Partition
The following steps will get the Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus into Recovery Mode by booting the smartphone:
- Connect your iPhone 7 to your computer and open iTunes.
- While your iPhone 7 is connected, force restart it: (Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, and don’t release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen)
- When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device.
Read this guide for a more detailed explanation on how to clear cache on the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
Get Technical Support
If none of the methods have worked in trying to get the Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus to turn on after charging, it’s suggested to take the smartphone back to the store or to a shop where it can be physically checked for any damaged. If proven defective by a technician, a replacement unit may be provided for you of it could be repaired. But the main issue could be that the power button is not working on the Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.