For those that own a Samsung Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge, you may want to know how to fix the fingerprint scanner not working. Some of the problems noticed on the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge includes part of the fingerprint sensor not working, and having problems to enable/disable the fingerprint scanner. Below we’ll get into some of the solutions that you can use to fix your Galaxy S6 Edge fingerprint scanner not working that is causing you a headache.
- How to fix Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge not getting texts 
- How to remove duplicate contacts on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge 
- How to fix moving background (Parallax Effect) on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge 
How to disable Fingerprint Sensor
Some Galaxy S6 owners may want to know how to turn off and disable the fingerprint sensor on the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. It’s important to note that the fingerprint scanner reader on the Galaxy S6 Edge is that this feature will allow users to use the fingerprint sensor as your password without entering a password like the Touch ID that can be found on the Apple iPhone. Some don’t like the Galaxy S6 Edge Touch ID feature and we’ll explain how you can turn this feature off below.
- Turn on your Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge.
- From the Home screen, go to the Menu.
- Select on Settings.
- Select on Lock screen and security.
- Select on Screen Lock Type.
After you have followed the steps from above, you’ll have to use your fingerprint to turn off this feature. You can change the Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge feature to a different method to unlock the lock screen with the following options:
After you have changed the way that you unlock your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, you’ll be able to disable and turn off the fingerprint scanner on the Galaxy S6 Edge.
How To Use Fingerprint Scanner
For those that want to make sure that the Fingerprint Scanner on the Galaxy S6 Edge is turned ON, go to Settings > Lock screen and security > Screen lock type > Fingerprints and follow the onscreen instructions to enable and set up the fingerprint scanner on the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. Later on you can come back and either add more fingerprints or remove fingerprints that will match with the Galaxy S6 Edge Fingerprint Sensor.
One reason you should use the Fingerprint scanner on the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge is that you want have to type in different passwords when surfing the web with a sign-in page or downloading different apps to verify a Samsung account. The following is a guide on how to set up the improved Galaxy S6 Edge Fingerprint Sensor.
Set up the Fingerprint Scanner
The Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge makes it easy to protect your smartphone with the new and improved built-in fingerprint scanner on both of the new smartphones by Samsung. You don’t have to mess with any passwords or patterns to unlock your device. It’s simple to use and simple to set up for the first time.
- Turn on the Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge
- Go to the Lock screen and securityin the Settings
- Select on Fingerprintand then +Add fingerprint
- Follow the instructions until 100% of your fingerprint has been scanned
- Setup a backup password
- Select Ok to Enable Fingerprint Lock
- Now to unlock your phone simply hold your finger on the home button