It seems that those who own a HTC One M9 have charging issues with the smartphone. Many have reported that the HTC One M9 won’t turn on after charging or power on at all, even when the phone is charged. We’ve created a list of different method to fix the issues when the HTC One M9 won’t turn on all.
Hit the Power button
The first thing that should be tested before any other step would be to press the “Power” button several times to make sure there is an issue with the powering of the HTC One M9. If after trying to power the smartphone back on and the issue has not been fixed, continue reading the rest of this guide.
Boot to Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache Partition
The following steps will get the HTC One M9 into Recovery Mode by booting the smartphone:
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons at the same time
- After the phone vibrates, let go of the Power button, while still holding the other two buttons until Android System Recovery screen appears.
- Using the “Volume Down” button, highlight “wipe cache partition” and press the Power button to select it.
- After the cache partition is cleared, the HTC One M9 will reboot automatically
Boot to Safe Mode
When booting the HTC One M9 into “Safe Mode” It will only run on pre-loaded apps, this will allow you to see if another application was causing the issues. This can be done using the following steps:
- Press and hold the Power button at the same time
- After the HTC screen appears, let go of the Power button then press and hold the Volume Down key.
- When it’s restarting, the Safe Mode text will be visible in the bottom left corner of the screen.